2892Re: [pinoy_atheists] Re: Fwd: Reuters.com - Study fails to show healing power of prayer - Thu Mar 30, 2006 3:42 PM ET

  • zach
    Apr 2, 2006
      I think it is still human nature..the denial of death. i guess no matter how many promises faith can give about meeting the father or the maker, we all know that it is a fallacy and no one really knows what comes after death.

      jose mario sison <joma_sison@...> wrote:
      Besides, why bother to get healed?
      Isnt that in Death we meet our Maker?
      Isnt it what a true red-blooded Christian's wish - to be with the Lord?

      Why pray to live when at the back of a theist mind is meeting God (after his stint here)
      Why not "God dont heal me, let me die - to be with you"?

      Why see a doctor?

      "Lew Andrew D. Reyes" <ldreyes@...> wrote:
      Good point. If a disease-stricken theist truly and faithfully believes in the "healing" powers of prayer, then why even bother taking medication or treatment?