exchange

  • Sue Cowell
    Message 1 of 4 , May 22, 2010
      Hi group:  I guess I'm the first to get my exchange basket, and boy, has the bar been set high.  My basket was made by Ruth Anne Danger.  It's an earthy delight of pine needles, sweet grass, beads, and a ceramic start made by our fearless leader, Pamela.  The coils are natural light green and dyed soft brown, with intermittent large, dull orange, beads, coiled around a start that says "The Pine Needle Group".  While the upper part of the basket is free-form coiling, it is still incredibly solid, even without any help from sprays or wax.  The basket is sewn with dark brown sinew, which empathsizes Ruth Anne's beautiful stitching.  Thank you so much, Ruth Anne.  And thank you Pamela, for hosting this exchange.  sue cowell
    • pineneedleprefections
      Message 2 of 4 , May 23, 2010
        Thanks Sue for your kind words, I have sent Pam a photo of the basket with the following description.
        The dark part of the basket is FL long leaf pine needles. I used no dyes or finish on this basket.
        It is made of FL Pine needles and SC sweet grass with orange Howlite Turquoise beads. And as you can see it has one of Pam's bottoms with "The pine needle group" on it. I had to work hard Not to make a symmetrical basket. So you may have to look close to see it really isn't oval

        Message 3 of 4 , May 23, 2010
          Thanks Sue for your kind words, I have sent Pam a photo of the basket with the following description.
          The dark part of the basket is FL long leaf pine needles. I used no dyes or finish on this basket.
          It is made of FL Pine needles and SC sweet grass with orange Howlite Turquoise beads. And as you can see it has one of Pam's bottoms with "The pine needle group" on it. I had to work hard Not to make a symmetrical basket. So you may have to look close to see it really isn't oval

          --- In pineneedlebasketgroup@yahoogroups.com, "Sue Cowell" <suecowell@...> wrote:

          > Hi group: I guess I'm the first to get my exchange basket, and boy, has the bar been set high. My basket was made by Ruth Anne Danger. It's an earthy delight of pine needles, sweet grass, beads, and a ceramic start made by our fearless leader, Pamela. The coils are natural light green and dyed soft brown, with intermittent large, dull orange, beads, coiled around a start that says "The Pine Needle Group". While the upper part of the basket is free-form coiling, it is still incredibly solid, even without any help from sprays or wax. The basket is sewn with dark brown sinew, which empathsizes Ruth Anne's beautiful stitching. Thank you so much, Ruth Anne. And thank you Pamela, for hosting this exchange. sue cowell

        • Beverley Roberts
          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 10, 2011
            I would like to see a photo of this basket, where do I go?

            Also I just joined today. How do I find out about the exchange program. :-)