Re: [pineneedlebasketgroup] Anti SPAM

  • Tammy Braunscheidel
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 1, 2009
      That would be wonderful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

      Thanks!!

      Tammy

      From: basketfl <basketfl@yahoo. com>
      Subject: [pineneedlebasketgr oup] Anti SPAM
      To: pineneedlebasketgro up@yahoogroups. com
      Date: Tuesday, February 10, 2009, 1:35 PM

      Let me remind you, that you should not respond to any inappropriate
      messages that appear in this group or any other. This includes
      clicking on links that have nothing to do with baskets. Clicking on
      those links is the easiest way to get a virus in your computer. It
      also gives your email address to the host of the linked site, shows
      interest in their wares and may cause more SPAM and pop ups to show up
      in your inbox, as well as giving them down load access to your
      computer. This is in addition to taking you to sites that may offend
      you.

      I will continue to remove them and their senders as I find them. Any
      type of screening of either members or messages would increase
      response time which is frustrating.

      Another option is to change your membership in the group to receive no
      emails and check in at the group site to see what is going on. This
      will give me a chance to remove extra messages before they offend you.

      Hope you keep making baskets and sending pictures.