New Member - Just Joined

  • Shirley Thomason
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 28 6:24 AM
      Hi everyone! Just found your group. I've been making pine needle
      baskets for about 7 years...self-taught, and boy have I learned the
      hard way. I do a lot of closed coil basketry but combine open and
      closed in my designs. I lived in Southwest so like the southwest
      indian styles, but have a variety of designs. I'm of Cherokee
      descent, so that's probably why I like the indian look. I also do
      pine needle gourd baskets and incorporate the closed and open coiled
      method with dyed and natural longleaf pine needles. Check out my new
      website: shatomabaskets.com to see my work. Thanks and hope to hear
      from some of you. Shirley