New Member

  • L & J Murdock
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 12, 2006
      I have been making pine needle baskets for about 2 years. I use needles
      from two groups of trees. One has needles that are from 10" to 14" long
      and the other has thicker needles that reach up to 22". I use waxed linen
      thread and artificial sinew. I use wood inserts and nut slices for my
      starts.

      This is just a hobby (I don't want to turn it into another dull boring
      job!). I give my baskets away or donate them to groups for fund raisers.

      Larry Murdock
      Dothan, AL
    • Leasa Garvin
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 12, 2006
        Hi Larry,

        We are heading to AL next week, are there trees there with 22"
        needles?? We WANT some!!

        Leasa

        On Mar 12, 2006, at 10:10 AM, L & J Murdock wrote:

        > I have been making pine needle baskets for about 2 years. I use
        > needles
        > from two groups of trees. One has needles that are from 10" to 14"
        > long
        > and the other has thicker needles that reach up to 22". I use
        > waxed linen
        > thread and artificial sinew. I use wood inserts and nut slices for my
        > starts.
        >
        > This is just a hobby (I don't want to turn it into another dull boring
        > job!). I give my baskets away or donate them to groups for fund
        > raisers.
        >
        > Larry Murdock
        > Dothan, AL
        >

        > Yahoo! Groups Links

      • GMArcher
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 13, 2006
          Larry,

          Welcome to the group. I've never seen 22 inch long pine needles.
          Lucky you!
          Do you have pictures of any of your baskets that you could share with
          us? If yes, start a photo album with your name and post them.

          Hope you continue to enjoy your craft.

          Gloria