445Re: Lucite

  • floyfreestyle
    Aug 2, 2013
      I use 527 jewelry glue, but other glues will work. Rubber cement is good on leather too. I cut the leather just enough larger than the cabochon for the row of stitching for the beginning coil. I was given some leather blanks and they were doubled with a metal insert in between the leather pieces for firmness. I use large cabochons and tight stitching and there is no give in the center of the basket.

      --- In pineneedlebasketgroup@yahoogroups.com, Donna G <djnova50@...> wrote:

      > What kind of glue do you use? I have yet to find an adhesive that will work to keep the cabochon in place on the leather. The cabochon is either too rigid or the leather is too flexible and the two seem to want to separate.
      >
      > Donna
      >

      > > To: pineneedlebasketgroup@yahoogroups.com
      > > From: floyfreestyle@...
      > > Date: Fri, 2 Aug 2013 00:00:20 +0000
      > > Subject: [pineneedlebasketgroup] Re: Lucite
      > >

      > > --- In pineneedlebasketgroup@yahoogroups.com, "judyintex" <judyintex@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > I am looking for insructions on how to mount cabs onto lucite. I have petrfied palm stump that comes fom my husband's family ranch. I had pieces of it cut into cabs and they are wonderful. I need to mount them so I can make baskets for family members. Thanks or any advice.
      > > >
      > > Just glue to leather and sew through the leather. I do my cabochons like that for baskets.

    • Show all 8 messages in this topic