      To: pineneedlebasketgroup@yahoogroups.com
      From: betbaskets@...
      Date: Tue, 4 Jun 2013 09:27:00 -0400
      Subject: RE: [pineneedlebasketgroup] Re: Hi Piney friends

      So where do you live/meet?  I only know of one other person in my area and she is still 30 minutes away.  You are so lucky!  Do you sell all your creations?

      Tammy in SE  Michigan

      -- Sent from my HP TouchPad

      On Jun 3, 2013 8:20 PM, Joe Monday <jmonday1@...> wrote:

      Dana & Floyfreestyle,

      There are about 12-15 in our group which meets every Wednesday morning.  We all have used the McFarland and Judy Mallow's books as guides.  We also purchase the sinew from Prim Pines (Judy Mallow).  It's an intriguing hobby and the items made are so varied.  Enjoy it now that you have found it.  I've been doing it for over 7 years now and consider it my mental health break every Wednesday.

      To: pineneedlebasketgroup@yahoogroups.com
      From: floyfreestyle@...
      Date: Sun, 2 Jun 2013 16:01:52 +0000
      Subject: [pineneedlebasketgroup] Re: Hi Piney friends

      Dana, I just learned how to make them (www.flickr.com.photos/floyfreestyle). I use waxed Linen thread from Maine Thread Co. and artificial sinew from Arizona Gourds. The videos on you-tube aren't great. Judy Mulford's book "Basic Pine Needle Basketry" is great and also Jeannie McFarland's books. Nadine Spiers has some good DVD's you can order to learn how to start. Use tapestry needles with the threads. I got needles from eBay.

      --- In pineneedlebasketgroup@yahoogroups.com, "gloriaa" <gmarcher@...> wrote:

      > Dana,
      >
      > Welcome. Hope you enjoy this hobby.
      >
      > My favorite books are listed in links: look at "Bullets and Baskets" (McFarland) and "Prim Pines". They also have supplies. Other members may suggest their favorites.
      >
      > I'm not aware of any You tube videos, but I haven't looked for them.
      >
      > The first "thread" I used was raffia, which I got at a local craft store. I had a good supply of pine needles from my trees. If you have pine trees, just make sure you have long needles. Anything shorter that about 10 inches is too short. Longer is better.
      >
      > Have fun!
      >
      > Gloria
      > --- In pineneedlebasketgroup@yahoogroups.com, "skiffywife" <davedana@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Hi friends,
      > >
      > > I'm new here and have never woven with pine needles and wondered if there are any You tube videos or books I should check out first before I start a basket? Also where do you usually buy supplies?
      > >
      > > I love crafts and love trying new things.
      > >
      > > Thanks,
      > >
      > > Dana

    • Show all 6 messages in this topic