Re: Item2CSV

  • Ed_Gandorf@mapinfo.com
    Message 1 of 11 , Jun 1, 1999
      Ron -

      Thanks for the info - I had downloaded the Agenda to Organizer transfer
      utilities from the Lotus website and tested them out, but I don't think its
      going to meet my needs (unless I'm using it improperly). As far as I can tell,
      exporting items with the utility results in a CSV file with the item, its
      category assignments and its notes as separate "records" (lines) in a CSV file.

      What I really want is to export an Agenda database into a CSV, dbf, or other
      structured file with the item, its note, and it's explicit category assignments
      all as one record. I'm trying to import an Agenda database into a Notes
      database, and apparently Notes doesn't have an STF import function (although
      someone had posted otherwise).

      I guess my only other option is to create a series of "Print to Text" files, one
      with items and categories, and one with notes only, and then attempt to match
      them up (align the records).

      If anyone has any other suggestions for converting a large agenda database, I'd
      love to hear them!

      Thanks
      Ed
    • Kenneth C. Glade
      Message 2 of 11 , Jun 1, 1999
        For what it is worth...
        I have had good success throughtout the years in using a word processor's
        mail merge feature to perform database conversions. If you can get a file
        from item2csv that has a rigid format, probably microsoft Word can mail
        merge it into whatever text file format you want.

[...]

        What do lizards and rock music have in common?
        http://www.onelist.com
        They both have communities at ONElist. Find yours today!
        You can put e-mail messages from this list on hold while you are out of town
        by going to the ONElist's User Center. Feel free to e-mail the moderator at
        mstocker@... if you can any comments or questions.
      • Gary R Oliver
        Message 3 of 11 , Jun 1, 1999
          Ed

          >>Notes doesn't have an STF import function

          Several people have told me that early Notes could import agenda. I don't
          know whether they mean there was a utility or it was a feature of an early
          version.

          I suggest either posting a query where Notes veterans hang about or
          contacting a Notes partner who has early experience. I have tried to contact
          the guy I know but is away.

          Warm regards
          gary