RE: [pihraprogramchairs] Upcoming district programs?

  • Paulette Hiebert
    Message 1 of 16 , Nov 17, 2008

      Can anyone provide feedback on Cecile Bereal's presentation on "Managing the Workplace Bully?"  We are putting the finishing touches on next year's programs for District 6, and would like to invite this speaker to present to our chapter.  Her information was included on the PIHRA speaker spreadsheet, so she has probably presented at one or more chapters.  I have contact information for El Cajon, but I do not have a phone number.  So, if anyone has that information, I would appreciate that as well.  Thanks so much!

      Paulette Hiebert

      Insulation Supply Company

      paulettehiebert@...

      310-224-7319

    • franceenf@aol.com
      Message 2 of 16 , Nov 19, 2008
        Where do I get a copy of the "PIHRA speaker spreadsheet"?
        Franceen Fallett
        HR Consultant
        (805) 646-5848

        In a message dated 11/17/2008 3:00:13 P.M. Pacific Standard Time, paulettehiebert@... writes:

        Can anyone provide feedback on Cecile Bereal's presentation on "Managing the Workplace Bully?"  We are putting the finishing touches on next year's programs for District 6, and would like to invite this speaker to present to our chapter.  Her information was included on the PIHRA speaker spreadsheet, so she has probably presented at one or more chapters.  I have contact information for El Cajon, but I do not have a phone number.  So, if anyone has that information, I would appreciate that as well.  Thanks so much!

        Paulette Hiebert

        Insulation Supply Company

        paulettehiebert@ inscoinc. com

        310-224-7319

      • Paulette Hiebert
        Message 3 of 16 , Nov 20, 2008

          Hi Franceen,

          I received this from our District Chair, Richard Propster.  It came in handy in planning our programs for 2009.  I’m including the email with the link for you below.  I never received a response on my question about whether anyone had heard of Cecile Bereal and her presentation on dealing with “workplace bullies,” so I think I’ll have to go on the listserv with that question.

          Paulette Hiebert

          Insulation Supply Company

          paulettehiebert@...

          310-224-7319

          Message 4 of 16 , Nov 20, 2008
            Hi Paulette,
            Thanks for sending the chart to me,

            Franceen

            ************ ********* ********* ********* ********* ********* ********* *

            Message 5 of 16 , Nov 21, 2008
              Paulette,

              I saw Cecile speak on another topic, the Generations in the Workplace.  I, and many of the people sitting around me, didn't like her presentation.  We felt that her assumptions were inaccurate or insufficient.  Her program was very biased toward seeing the Baby Boomers as the best practice model.

              I have not seen her present on this topic, so I can not speak to it.  Initially I didn't respond to your question, because I didn't want to slow any responses from those that may have seen Cecile present on "Workplace bullies."  I would suggest that you follow your instincts, and ask members on the list serv if they have seen her present this topic.

              All the best,
              Ailene

              Message 6 of 16 , Nov 21, 2008

                Thank you so much for responding – I really appreciate it.  I did put out a question on the ListServ, but did not receive a response other than from someone who provided contact information.  Do you, by chance, know anyone else who would do a good job with this topic (Workplace bullies)? I’m thinking with your feedback, and the fact that she is from the San Diego area, I’d be better off finding someone else to cover this topic for us.

                Paulette Hiebert

                310-224-7319

                Message 7 of 16 , Nov 21, 2008
                  Dr. Jill Kohn, PhD, does an excellent presentation on "Healing the Dysfunctional Office."  It is not the exact same topic, but very similar. She can be reached at (323) 465-0733 or jill@....

                  Good luck,
                  Ailene

                  Message 8 of 16 , Nov 21, 2008

                    Thank you for the recommendation – I appreciate your assistance.  Believe it or not, I already have Jill scheduled for next year.  She has a new presentation that will be ready in April, that she is scheduled to present for District 6 in May.  You are right – this will be similar.  I think we’ll go with an entirely different topic, since Jill will probably touch on the topic in her presentation.  Thank you again, Ailene.

                    Paulette

                    Message 9 of 16 , Nov 21, 2008
                      Your welcome!

                      --- In pihraprogramchairs@yahoogroups.com, "Paulette Hiebert"
                      <paulettehiebert@...> wrote:

                      > Thank you for the recommendation - I appreciate your assistance.
                      Believe it
                      > or not, I already have Jill scheduled for next year. She has a new
                      > presentation that will be ready in April, that she is scheduled to
                      present
                      > for District 6 in May. You are right - this will be similar. I
                      think we'll
                      > go with an entirely different topic, since Jill will probably touch
                      on the
                      > topic in her presentation. Thank you again, Ailene.
                      >
                      > Paulette

                      Dewar