Alien City on the new Seattle Cosmic Wiki

  • Ron Hale-Evans
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 1, 2003
      Happy New Year to all!

      At the most recent Seattle Cosmic Game Night, Alien City was played.
      The session report for that game night has been posted, complete with
      photos:

      The Last Game Night of the Last Palindromic Year of Our Natural Lives
      * Where's Bob's Hat?
      * Lord of the Rings: The Confrontation
      * Acquire
      * Facts in Five
      * Raj
      * Take It Easy
      * Alien City (piecepack)
      * Way Out West
      * Schotten-Totten (x2)
      * Pinochle
      * Spades
      * Bucket King
      http://www.ludism.org/scwiki/SeattleCosmicGameNight20021228

      Seattle Cosmic now has a WikiWikiWeb. What does that mean? It means
      that pages on the site can be created and edited by anyone, with or
      without a password. It's incredibly easy. (I believe that Seattle
      Cosmic is the first game night with its own Wiki.)

      Once of our members, John Braley, has fallen in love with Alien
      City and has created some material about it for the Wiki:

      http://www.ludism.org/scwiki/AlienCity

      Note that as of 1 January 2003, the new Seattle Cosmic home page is
      here:

      http://www.ludism.org/scwiki/

      Ron H-E

      p.s. If you do decide to contribute to the Wiki, I recommend you click
      on the User Preferences link in the upper right corner of the screen
      and create a username for yourself (with your real name), so that you
      will get credit for your changes.

      --
      Ron Hale-Evans ... rwhe@... & rwhe@...
      Center for Ludic Synergy, Seattle Cosmic Game Night,
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 3, 2003
        --- In piecepack@yahoogroups.com, Ron Hale-Evans <rwhe@l...> wrote:
        > Happy New Year to all!
        >
        > At the most recent Seattle Cosmic Game Night, Alien City was played.
        > The session report for that game night has been posted, complete
        with
        > photos:

        Thanks for the kind words regarding Alien City on the Seattle Cosmic
        Wiki web site. It's really a good feeling when you hear about other
        people getting enjoyment out of your games.

        I noticed on the web site that mention is also made of two mistakes
        in the rules PDF for Alien City (at the end in the scoring example).
        This was news to me but after examining the rules again, I agree that
        there are indeed two errors.

        The scoring for the blue-owned red tower marked C in Fig. 6 should be
        18 points, not 21 (the red dome can not be a customer of a red tower).
        Secondly, Blue does NOT receive a bonus score for owning the closest
        red tower to the unclaimed green D tower. This is because two red
        towers are equally close to D, and in the case of a tie for closest,
        no bonus is given out.

        Thanks to Ron or John, or whoever it was who spotted this. Hopefully
        it can be corrected on the Mesomorph rules CD when the new games are
        added following the close of the present design competition.

        Right now I am away from home on a slow connection but when I get
        back I will get the PDF corrected. I would be most appreciative if
        anyone who knows of locations where this PDF may have gotten to
        besides the piecepack site, Mesomorph Games, or this discussion group
        could please let me know so I can send corrections to those locations
        too. I will be back at mschoessow@... starting on 6 Jan
        (but there's going to be LOTS of digging out to do before I get to
        all my mail).

        -Mike Schoessow