Re: Piecepack article

  • Benedict
    Message 1 of 3 , May 6, 2004
      I finally made the trip to B&N and picked up the July GAMES
      magazine. Very good article, Eric. I think the addition of the rules
      for Fuji-san and the sample game to solve was an excellent
      idea, considering the target readership.

      Phillip

      > The July 2004 issue of Games Magazine, which includes an
      article by
      > yours truly on the piecepack, is now making its way to
      newsstands. It
      > likely doesn't contain information that this crowd doesn't
      already know,
      > but I wanted to mention the article anyway.

    • W. Eric Martin
      Message 2 of 3 , May 7, 2004
        > I finally made the trip to B&N and picked up the July GAMES
        > magazine. Very good article, Eric. I think the addition of the rules
        > for Fuji-san and the sample game to solve was an excellent
        > idea, considering the target readership.

        Thanks for the kind words, Benedict. I wanted to give the GAMES
        audience a specific taste of what's available with the piecepack.
        Fujisan fit the bill by having short rules and being interesting, and
        James Kyle was kind enough to provide a puzzle. I played Fujisan on my
        own but forgot to record starting positions for those times I did solve it.

        I've greatly enjoyed Cardinal's Guards as well, yet the rules ran to
        more than 1,000 words, so that wasn't a possibility for a sidebar -- not
        to mention even larger creations such as Piece Packing Pirates and Epic
        Funhouse. Hints in the main article would have to do.

        I received one message already from someone who read the article, then
        found my address on the piecepack list, so there's at least one convert
        in the audience. Here's hoping for more....

        Eric

        --
        W. Eric Martin - TwoWriters.net