Re: Coins: colored (suits) on number face?

  • hexchex
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 7, 2002
      --- In piecepack@y..., "Karol" <karol@m...> wrote:
      > Is there any way to tell the suit of a coin while its value face is
      > up?
      >

      > > Unless you mark the coins yourself the answer would be no.
      > > Tim
      >
      > I don't recommend this, doing so would make easy cheat for the game
      Matches
      > and most of the other games that use coins too, basically rendering
      the pack
      > useless for any game but maybe a custom one or those that don't use
      this
      > aspect of coins. Making your own coins to go with your pack would
      be an
      > option for you.
      > -Karol

      I wouldn't either, unless you want to ruin your abilty to play some
      of the other games. A good option is pennies with white round
      stickers applied to them. You can usually find the stickers at your
      local office supply store or of course, you can use the printable
      version on the piecepack website and alter those coins.

      Tim
    • prophesor
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 7, 2002
        --- In piecepack@y..., "hexchex" <hexchex@i...> wrote:
        > --- In piecepack@y..., "Karol" <karol@m...> wrote:
        > > Is there any way to tell the suit of a coin while its value face
        is
        > > up?

        > > > Unless you mark the coins yourself the answer would be no.
        > > > Tim

        > > Making your own coins to go with your pack would
        > be an
        > > option for you.
        > > -Karol

        > you can use the printable
        > version on the piecepack website and alter those coins.
        >
        > Tim

        Thank you all, but I had wanted to write a set of rules that fit the
        ppk spec. I find the stricture like that for verse; I am no
        great writer, but I might fill a meter. No artist, but I might dab
        paint at zones from artist's pen. And no genius of game design, but
        find a use for tools laid out? I can, by Thunder!

        And I have, found a way to coax the funcion I needed from the coins as
        spec'd.

        Another game soon.