Shiso

  • Langu99M
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 19 12:30 PM
      Does anyone know where I can get some shiso plants or seeds in Seattle? They are apparently not just sold everywhere like other herbs.
    • juliapicardo
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 20 9:54 AM
        So, Kitazawa Seed Company has a variety of different Perilla (Shiso) seed.
        kitazawaseed.com
        Happy Gardening!
        Julia
      • lmatterhorn
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 20 11:24 AM
          Hi!

          Shiso will be available at the Seattle Tilth plant sale first weekend of May. Both red and green. You might also try Swansons, they sell lots of veggies and herbs this time of year.

          Laura Matter
        • Angie Kritenbrink

            Message 5 of 5 , Apr 21 4:35 PM
              Perilla (Shiso) appreciates warmer weather so getting it in too early can affect it if the nights are still cold. Kitazawa seed is available at Uwajimayas. Maybe try seeding some and plant some plants!   Laura