Re: Picardo Yahoo Group The Diseases of Picardo and the Plants That *Can* Res...

  • MiltonTam@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 31, 2011
      Hi Ben

      I guess you too have experienced the heartbreak of clubroot?  No, I don't think there has been a systematic cataloging of plant diseases at Picardo.  Tilth or some other organization may have a list of diseases that are endemic to the region?  Some diseases are not encountered every year, like the one affecting tomatoes last year, and my impression is that some are common in some parts of our garden but not others.  Ask Laura Matter, the expert, about this, and if she thinks that a catalog of maladies for just our garden would be of general interest.

      Thanks

      Milton

      In a message dated 8/31/2011 8:10:32 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time, bentoddm@... writes:

      Hi all,

      Does Picardo already have a list of the most common diseases in the garden? And a complementary list of resistant vegetable varieties?

      If not, I'd like to make one.

      Each of my 4 years of "communicable" gardening have brought brand new disappointments as entire, once-gorgeous crops drop dead from something.

      cheers,
      Ben (#101A)

    • benjamin menzies
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 31, 2011
        Thanks, Milton.   And yes, this year I tried to "major" in brassicas but clubroot killed my dreams of summer-long broccoli sides and canned sauerkraut like my mom used to make....
        I'll look up Laura Matter, thanks for the tip.

        Ben

        To: picardo@yahoogroups.com