Picardo food bank pledge forms

  • nmbpicardo
    Message 1 of 1 , May 27, 2011
      Each year many Picardo gardeners give over 100 pounds of fresh organic produce to the Lettuce Link food bank program, with several of our most generous gardeners giving 250-500 pounds each . Each item given brings good feeling and good nutrition to people in need of both. Even in poor growing seasons, our gardens are abundant, and even a 10x10 plot can easily handle 25 pounds of donations without denting the take-home harvest for the gardener.

      Please consider pledging donations now. If you complete the pledge forms I am placing in the Files section of our Yahoo Groups site and forward the forms to me, I will update you regularly on the status of your donations.

      7,000 pounds is an achievable goal for Picardo, one we have surpassed in other years. Other p-patches easily out give Picardo in terms of donations per gardener and donations per foot. Making your personal commitment now will help us bring more good food, good health, and good will to less fortunate neighbors.

      Thanks for considering this.

      Neil Berkowitz
      nmb15-picardo@...