Poison Hemlock at Picardo

  • LauraM
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 9, 2010
      Hi Folks,

      There is a VERY large specimen Poison Hemlock plant on the south wall at the garden in full bloom. We will be removing this immediately but I wanted to share with you that this plant has been making an appearance at the garden for the last three years in various places. Please everyone be on the lookout for it. I have uploaded four photos of the plant for you to look at so you can identify one when you see it. It belongs to the carrot family so it has an umbel shaped white flower like wild carrot (Queen Anne's Lace). It can be eight feet tall in maturity, has purple splotching along the stems, really noticeable on the main stem, and lacy divided leaves. If you see it please remove it and take it home to yard waste or your garbage. WEAR GLOVES.

      Laura
    • beargrass@riseup.net
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 10, 2010
        The seeds of this getting loose in the garden would be very very dangerous
        because the sprouts could potentially look like parsley, or cilantro, or
        carrot...