563Re: Picardo Yahoo Group Know your fellow gardeners and thieving

  • helen cook johnson
    Aug 12, 2014
      Hi,
      Yesterday , when I came down to my patch, a guy with a bike and cghild cart got on his bike and took off. I looked, there was no child, but the cart looked weighed down. He rode out on the path by the Pickaloo. The bike was red and the cart was yellow and red.
      I actually confronted a gal about a month or so ago.
      I will be watching!! We work too hard on our gardens to have thieves come and steal from us!!

      Helen Cook Johnson

      On Tuesday, August 12, 2014 8:51 PM, "juliapicardo@... [picardo]" <picardo@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      Hi All,
      So, I was away from the garden for 4 days and I returned to find my fabulous Mullein stalk cut and taken and a whole healthy kale plant's leaves cut and the stalks left. The same person must of gone into Stu's plot too because his kale was cut the same way.
      Take a moment to meet the people gardening around you. If the person does not look familiar it is easy to approach them and share your name and ask them if they are new to Picardo. I have startled a few thieves over the years in this way, just by being friendly.
      Thanks,
      Julia

    • Show all 2 messages in this topic