[pias-antler] PN in Brazil?

  • Jan Sundstrom
    Message 1 of 3 , May 5, 1999
      Hi all!

      I noticed that many brazilians were fans of poesie Noire... How come?
      What's the success story behind them getting popular there? What's the
      status for other EBM acts in Brazil?
      I know F242 shot their video to Religion in Brasilia, but not much more...

      Curious...

      Jan
      ICQ #10443263

      eGroup home: http://www.eGroups.com/group/pias-antler
    • + Alisson Gothz +
      Message 2 of 3 , May 5, 1999
        Well Jan , PN is one of the most famous "coldwave/gothic"
        acts in Brazil , since the late 80's , when Gioconda Smile made a relative success on the
        radio (!!!) ... only one album was released here so far , and it's out of print for almost 10 years ...
        We have a big EBM scene here , with a lot of excellent bands and projects , some of those very famous outside Brazil , like Aghast View , Biopsy and Simbolo . Here in Sao Paulo , we have 5 major clubs and a few labels dedicated to electronic / industrial and gothic music . Bands like Dive , Klinik , Vomito Negro , along with Sisters Of Mercy , Siouxsie , Opera Multi Steel , Rammstein .... and many others have been here touring with a lot of success .

        >I noticed that many brazilians were fans of poesie Noire... How come?
        >What's the success story behind them getting popular there? What's the
        >status for other EBM acts in Brazil?
        >I know F242 shot their video to Religion in Brasilia, but not much more...
        >
        >Curious...
        >
        >Jan
        >ICQ #10443263

        >SIGN UP FOR LIFEMINDERS FAMILIES AND ENTER TO WIN $1000 CASH!
        >Get FREE parenting and toy tips according to your child's age via
        >e-mail at http://clickhere.egroups.com/click/174
        >

        >eGroup home: http://www.eGroups.com/group/pias-antler
        >http://www.eGroups.com - Simplifying group communications

        eGroup home: http://www.eGroups.com/group/pias-antler
      • =?x-user-defined?Q?JESPER_=D6DEMARK?=
        Message 3 of 3 , May 9, 1999
          - -- --- ---- ----- ------ ------- - ------- ------ ----- ---- --- -- -
          Jesper Ödemark, S. Förstadsgatan 80 a
          S-214 20 Malmö, Sweden
          +46 (0)40-794 32, jesper.odemark@...
          - -- --- ---- ----- ------ ------- - ------- ------ ----- ---- --- -- -
          and if you haven't got it, don't forget to order the latest
          list from electronic obsession from the same address!
          And do read Sideline magazine...
          Buy your own copy (35 kronors) from me!

          Hi everyone!

          5 clubs in Sao Paulo!!! I live within a few hours from both Berlin and Bruxelles but over here it's
          stone dead!
          Am I jelous or what!?

          electronically yours, jesper