Re: [pias-antler] Re: Weathermen Mp3

  • Jesper Ödemark
    Message 1 of 27 , Sep 1 12:02 AM
      > I was looking for the Daniel B mix of Punishment park
      > on MP3file.
      > I've got the 12" of Punishment park myself,but i can't
      > convert it into MP3..or i can't burn it to CDR.

      Then you'll see there are two Daniel B mixes! Which is it he wants your friend?
      Give him an oldfashioned cassette - that he can live with if he hasn't got it. ;)

      electronically yours, jesper

      - -- --- ---- ----- ------ ------- ------ ----- ---- --- -- -
      Nu spelas: Angina Pectoris - Odium
      Nu läses: Tolkien - The book of lost tales 1
      - -- --- ---- ----- ------ ------- ------ ----- ---- --- -- -
      Order the latest list with 2nd hand records
      from Electronic Obsession from me!
      - -- --- ---- ----- ------ ------- ------ ----- ---- --- -- -
      Never deal with Andrei Muresan, Romania!
      - -- --- ---- ----- ------ ------- ------ ----- ---- --- -- -
    • Henrik Knust
      Message 2 of 27 , Sep 1 12:34 AM
        Jesper Ödemark wrote:

        > Guess this then; I got both copies of Baard's first single the other day on ebay, 20 + 19 USD... I've got it so in next list we're talking 50-100 USD a piece!!!

        what´s in it for you then, Jesper?

        > Oh Mammon hear me :)

        ohh, I see... ;-)

        /henrik
      • Anders Wahlbom
        Message 3 of 27 , Sep 1 2:02 AM
          >> OK - everyone in one voice: ... MP3 is killing music!
          >
          > there's lots of opinions about this and I don't think we need the
          > discussion, but in this case it could be interesting to see what the artist
          > in question (The Weathermen) thinks about it... ;)

          I agree that these discussions can be both long and boring (seen 'em on a
          dozen other lists), so I'll just say that I pretty much agree with Norm and
          NFP...

          > and who the f**k put the adverts at the top?! the stupidiest thing I've ever
          > seen... why kill music when you can kill a listadmin! ;)

          As Jesper said, that's almost what eGroups are doing - not killing the list
          admin (which he can manage pretty well himself by working 60 hours a week
          some weeks and sleeping an average of six hours a night), but annoying the
          hell out of him and making him consider actually buying the "no ads" option.
          That's the problem with using a free service: after some time they start
          changing things and changing them again and again until the reason you used
          them in the first place is gone...

          /Anders (seriously considering moving to Stockholm because of too much
          travel; it's getting very very annoying, and I need a bigger flat anyway)
        • Rikard Florin
          Message 4 of 27 , Sep 1 2:30 PM
            > As Jesper said, that's almost what eGroups are doing

            I thought they made it optionable to have it at the top or the bottom, but
            it's only at the top then?

            > some weeks and sleeping an average of six hours a night), but annoying the
            > hell out of him and making him consider actually buying the "no
            > ads" option.

            how much is it? it could perhaps be worth to share on it if not else....
            just have to be a couple volunteers and it will be no big deal... I could
            think of doing that myself as I really really hate the commercial crap...

            /rikard
          • Rikard Florin
            Message 5 of 27 , Sep 1 2:34 PM
              > why kill music when you can kill a listadmin! ;)

              and btw, i tried to be funny with the above... nobody got the connection to
              "why kill time (when you can kill yourself)" ;)

              oh well, bad humour... ;)

              /rikard
            • Norm Tallant
              Message 6 of 27 , Sep 1 4:54 PM
                > how much is it? it could perhaps be worth to share on it if not else....
                > just have to be a couple volunteers and it will be no big deal... I could
                > think of doing that myself as I really really hate the commercial crap...

                I'd donate US$0.50 to $1 a month to not see these ads on this list!

                Assuming that that is, in fact, the case.

                All the best,
                -norm
                http://www.degentech.com
              • nfp@nofuture.com
                Message 7 of 27 , Sep 1 8:11 PM
                  Hi again Jürgen,

                  This is what I have on CD (which could be made available in CDR or
                  MP3):

                  BIAS 99CD - Punishment Park 3"
                  1. Tuff Times (BAAAD)
                  2. Punishment Park (Fantasyland)
                  3. Punishment Park (Album)
                  4. Timebomb Benny (Nytro)
                  5. Punishment Park (Disneyland)

                  At the bottom it says "remixes by Daniel B." but it does not tell you
                  which tracks are remixed by Daniel B. Possibly all of them except
                  the
                  Album version of Punishment Park???

                  Let me know if you want a CDR or MP3s of this CD. Either or would be
                  fine.

                  Later - NFP

                  PS. APB and VNV coming soon to Chicago! Can't wait!

                  PPS. I notice there is a np/ at the bottom of many messages, is the
                  Now Playing? If so:

                  np/ Four on the Floor - Bitch Queens

                  --- In pias-antler@egroups.com, "J€  ürgen" Vanvlasselaer

                • Jesper Ödemark
                  Message 8 of 27 , Sep 1 10:22 PM
                    > I thought they made it optionable to have it at the top or the bottom, but
                    > it's only at the top then?

                    Top only - yes!

                    > how much is it? it could perhaps be worth to share on it if not else....
                    > just have to be a couple volunteers and it will be no big deal... I could
                    > think of doing that myself as I really really hate the commercial crap...

                    I don't remember - but enough to annoy - 50 USD a year or something I think...

                    j.
                  • Jesper Ödemark
                    Message 9 of 27 , Sep 1 10:30 PM
                      PPS. I notice there is a np/ at the bottom of many messages, is the
                      Now Playing? If so:

                      np/ Four on the Floor - Bitch Queens

                      ***You're so correct thou I, in the anglo-saxian world, prefer the swedish equivalent "nu spelas". ;)