northern electric

  • Rikard Florin
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 1, 2000
      for those of you who are into good old synthpop i would like to recommend
      something... this is brand new, and i'm giving all of you on the pias-antler
      list the opportunity to hear this first... ;)

      http://ratblast.net/northern-electric

      if you like what you hear, then please please please write some comments
      about it... :) thanks!

      /rikard

      ps. uhh, sorry, the site does not support netscape as of today, but will do
      for the official launch next week or something. in the meantime, get a
      better browser! ;) hehe...
    • Anders Wahlbom
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 2, 2000
        Jesper Ödemark <jesper.odemark@...> wrote:

        > These to a total cost of 50 USD. Not bad?! Brand new. The
        > Tear Garden album was even sealed... Some will end up in my
        > list, MH, one TG and maybe the IS... And let's see how
        > crappy "scanning" is ;)

        Horribly so. It's one of the few records I've sold not because I needed the
        money, but because it was so bad I couldn't stand to have the bloody thing
        in my house. Generally I like Welle:Erdball, but on this waste of plastic
        their two contributions were just rubbish (and so they think themselves;
        I've asked), And One sound hung over, and the rest (PP?, The Psychic Force
        and whatnot) I'm happier if I don't have to think about. _Scanning Vol. 2_
        wasn't too good either, but at least it didn't sink to the depths of the
        first one.

        /Anders
      • Norm Tallant
        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 2, 2000
          Hello!

          Just a quick message to say I've updated my record collection list on my
          website http://www.degentech.com .

          I had far fewer records than I first thought (only about 300); but they're
          listed now!

          And to those of you who listen to Organizer Public Radio, I apologize for
          the recent downtime! It's suffered through two power failures, a Windows
          crash (on a Saturday), and RivetChick accidentally rebooting it....all in
          the past week and 1/2! Whew!

          There is some good news though....I got my hands on the new Suicide Commando
          CD5, and RivetChick picked up the new Controlled Fusion and Negative Format,
          and these will be added to the radio this weekend, as well as some more
          vinyl tracks.

          If you see anything on either of our record collections you'd like to see
          added to OPR, let us know!!

          All the best,
          -Norm
          http://www.degentech.com
        • Norm Tallant
          Message 4 of 6 , Jun 5, 2000
            Yesssss, mucho downtime today.

            The cause? Network outages.

            Anyways, tune on at @ http://216.168.91.66:8000 99.9% industrial 24/7!

            I added about 10 full albums and some singles this weekend. Enjoy!

            All the best,
            -Norm
            http://www.degentech.com
          • Norm Tallant
            Message 5 of 6 , Jul 31, 2000
              Hello!

              For those few brave souls who have listened even through the damned Mae-West
              downtime, here's some news on OPR.

              The web hosting provider I've been using for the past year is going out of
              business as of tomorrow. So, I've scrambled to find another. The new one
              is based in Arizona as opposed to Seattle, so perhaps the "abrupt disconnect
              for 30 sec's" problem will disappear. The transition will happen sometime
              tomorrow or Wednesday, and there will be some downtime involved. However,
              I'm making every effort to minimize this downtime. Keep an eye on the OPR
              link @ http://www.degentech.com for the new ip when I get it!

              This weekend I've added yet more songs to the mix. They include:

              "The Official Techno Club Compilation Volume 1"
              good tracks from "The Official Techno Club Compilation Volume 2"
              Hocico's "Aqui y Ahora en el Silencio" boxset
              good tracks from "The Black Rain Compilation vol 2"
              good tracks from PAX "High Speed Digital Spirit Processing"
              good tracks from Wumpscut "Music For a Slaughtering Tribe II" CD 2

              Coming soon:

              Leaether Strip "Aspects of Aggression" CD single
              Implant "Kmputor"
              Absurd Minds "Brainwash"
              Absurd Minds "Deception"
              Missratener Sohn "I'm Your God"
              GGFH "Halloween"
              Gridlock "Sickness" (they do a cover of 'The Metro'!!!)
              Gridlock "Frozen"
              Neuroactive "2"

              I deleted:

              crap tracks from Das Ich "re_laborat" 2 CD set.
              a terrible track from Orange Sector "Faith." Not really sure how this one
              slipped by me....

              All the best,
              -Norm
              http://www.degentech.com