record stores in NYC?

  • jesper
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 22, 2012
      Hi list,

      will soon head across the tiny pond called the Atlantic with my
      girlfriend. I'm not there just to shop records but if she gets stuck at
      Macy's or similar I'd like to know if there are any OK vinyl shops still
      on Manhattan where I can do some cart diving. I remember one called
      Basement or Downstairs Records (mostly because it was upstairs!) at 43rd
      street but that was back in the 90's.

      Well, let me know if you've got any ideas. :)

      - -- --- ---- ----- ---- --- -- -
      www.electronic-obsession.se
    • i r o n f l a m e . d e
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 28, 2012
        HEAVEN STREET!! (that's the shop not the street
        name :) and pass best gretings to sean!)

        happy hunting,
        stefan

        --

        ™

        /// BERLIN BRUIT FESTIVAL
        live performances, films, exhibition
        http://berlinbruit.ironflame.de
        http://myspace.com/berlinbruit
      • jesper
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 4, 2012
          Thanks,

          to say the least... the week in NY was interesting. I found no records
          (since we stayed in Manhattan) but Sandy added to the experience in many
          different ways. Surreal!