[concert] Weird Science vs. A Sky Full Of Stitches - Apr. 21 2007 - Jena (Ger) - 3 Liveacts 2 DJs

  • Listen
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 2, 2007
      Weird Science vs. A Sky Full Of Stitches
      Minimal * Synthwave * UndergrouNDW * Angstpop * New Wave

      Saturday, April 21st 2007
      Jena - Cafe Wagner

      Live on Stage :

      SISTA MANNEN PA JORDEN (Sweden)
      German Debut of the swedish Synthwaveband around Eddie Bengtsson (Eddie B. Kirk, former songwriter of S.p.o.c.k. and member of Page). Right in time for the first trip to germany the new album will be released in april.
      In Jena Eddie will be supported by Plasteroid, another former member of S.p.o.c.k. - maybe there will be one or another surprise...

      A.w.o.l. (Germany)
      First time live, yet "Absent without leave" already got a name in the german minimal-wave scene due to several dancefloor-killers like "Robotic's Return" or "Elusive"

      Solitude FX (Germany)
      Supported by singer Annett (Starry-eyed Girl) the band will play a mix of their meanwhile very well known hits and intersting covers. "Zeitgeist Overkill" or "Liebe Im Original" won't be missing, as well as their cover of DeMo's "Photographic".

      After the concert there is an aftershow with the DJs Jana (Jena) and Mike (Weird Science Host).
      Pure minimal, from old to new and from famous to unheard there should be something nice for every (minimal) fan.

      Gates open : 8pm
      Cover : 10 Euros

      Driving directions are on the homepage of Cafe Wagner (http://www.wagnerverein-jena.de/), questions and requests can be directed by mail to the djs : weirdscience@...
      Maybe ;) there will also be the own, minimalistic Weird Science-homepage soon, at present under http://www.modern-angels.de is just the usual flyer.
      We are supported by Hörsturz Mailorder (http://www.hoersturz.com/), who will also be there with his huge stock of great records.
      Also available are the latest Annalogue-releases, more to come.

      Would be nice to meet some of the minimal- or swedishpop-freaks there.

      Please forward this mail to people that could be interested, also feel free to post it in your forum or on your webpage. Thanks !

      cu soon
      Jana and Mike

      P.S. for last-minute-people I will do a special about the concert on monday, april 16th from 10 pm to 11.30pm german time in my weekly radio show (Weird Science) at Feindsender (www.feindsender.net).

    • jesper@electronic-obsession.se
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 2, 2007
        I was surprised to find a new SMPJ-track at myspace... I thought they'd
        closed down and Eddie on concentrated on This Fish Needs A Bike...

        electronically yours, jesper
        www.electronic-obsession.se

        Order your own copy of the Machinepop/Imiafan
        split-EP at www.electronic-obsession.se/label.asp

        "Varför har du så många pianon?" (Nora Persson, 9 år)

[...]

        TO UNSUBSCRIBE

        Yahoo! Groups Links