RE: FLA out touring

  • Gobby
    Message 1 of 20 , May 1, 2006
      It seems to be that FLA is going on ONE LAST tour. Like we have not
      heard that one before.... Damn you rolling stones....
      Really FLA is going to hit the.
      http://www.frontlineassemblytour.com/
      So more dates as they go.
      Gobby

      -- In pias-antler@yahoogroups.com, <jesper@...> wrote:

      > 91 and 95 isn't considered recently - right? ;)
      >
      > electronically yours, jesper - was never convinced of them live
      though 91
      > kicked some ass
      > - -- --- ---- ----- ---- --- -- -
      > www.electronic-obsession.se

    • Gerard
      Message 2 of 20 , May 21, 2006
        Fwd...

        Please write to Hal McGee: Haltapes1@...

        Hello To Everybody On My E-mail List,
        Please forward this message!

        I am looking for the following cassette releases from the early to mid
        1980s. I will pay good but fair prices for these tapes, by PayPal only.
        I am looking for the original cassettes, in playable condition, with
        the original j-card artwork inserts -- NOT CD, CDR or mp3 reissues.

        I will play these cassettes on my Homemade Alien Music internet
        program, which is dedicated to classic cassette releases of homemade
        music:
        http://haltapes1.podomatic.com/

        OSLWMMGIB?
        Robert Rich: Trances
        Robert Rich: Drones
        Yard Trauma: Reptile House
        Maybe Mental: Animisum II
        Artless Time: Shells From The Italian (A)isle
        Artless Time: Inarticulate Volition
        Gertie: Overdoses Of Roses
        Taste Of Tongues -- XXX label compilation
        Sleep Chamber: Music For Mannequins
        Cleaners From Venus: Under Wartime Conditions
        Avant-Derniere Pensees: Arte Deschecho
        The Phallacy: self-titled C30
        Falx Cerebri: Rite 64
        Psychological Warfare Branch: self-titled C30
        Jack Sexson: Up
        Magthea: The Chilliness Of These Sounds Is My Cell
        Magthea and Soft Joke: A Soft Magisch Joke Theaterproduction
        Magthea And Mr. Minimum: self-titled
        Audio Communication #3: 3RIO Tapes compilation
        Audio Communication #6: 3RIO Tapes compilation
        HTHeW: Galaxy
        Pliny The Elder: Torpid Liver / Tim Zukowski: Observations -- split
        tape
        Audiologie compilation on VP231 label
        Mystery Hearsay: first, self-titled cassette
        Benjamin Allen: Film Soundtracks
        Vito Ricci: Postones
        Jarboe: Jar
        Malcolm Lane: Macac
        The Room 101: O.P.D.
        Bande Berne Crematoire: self-titled C30
        Nisus Anal Furgler: self-titled C46
        Big City Orchestra: Number Five
        F/i: Zombie
        P16.D4: Wer Nicht Arbeiten Will Soli Such Auch Nicht Essen!
        Roberta Eklund: Piano Improvisations

        Please write to Hal McGee: Haltapes1@...

        Thanks,
        Hal McGee
        http://www.tapegerm.com/jamroom/bands/314/

        http://www.culturalamnesia.com

        http://www.myspace.com/ggreenway
      • Jan Sundstrom
        Message 3 of 20 , Jun 28, 2006
          Hi all,

          Not strictly Pias-Antler, but I know that some of you
          dig this stuff (Anders, Jesper...)

          I discovered some new info that has been put online
          this spring, even by the band members themselves!

          http://www.swedishpunk.com/bands.php?id=301

          There is a similar site for those who can read
          Swedish:
          http://www.punktipset.se/default.asp

          Also good info about Cosmic Overdose (pre-Twice a Man)
          and other similar bands in the scene...

          Jan
          (currently in Singapore)
        • Michael Rea
          Message 4 of 20 , Jun 28, 2006
            Hi Jan in Singapore...must be hot there yeah?

            so never heard of this artist you mentioned of below, so what/who do they
            sound similar to?...i see keyboards are used...so already, you got the
            senses aroused...and where can i go to find their work?

            mr mike. (currently in the arctic depths of new zealand, brrrrrrrr)

            n/p v/a - french/belgium industries - cd

            Find the coolest online games @ http://xtramsn.co.nz/gaming
          • jesper@electronic-obsession.se
            Message 5 of 20 , Jun 28, 2006
              I used to own 2-3 copies of "Icecream To God" which I sold far too cheap...
              :(
              I wasn't too impressed though...

              electronically yours, jesper - just downloaded mastered versions of the
              Macinepop tracks
              - -- --- ---- ----- ---- --- -- -

              Message 6 of 20 , Jun 28, 2006
                Yes!!! They played a Wasp!!! ;) ;) ;)

                http://www.kitchenandtheplasticspoons.com/pics/helena.jpg

                electronically yours, jesper
                - -- --- ---- ----- ---- --- -- -
                www.electronic-obsession.se

                > Not strictly Pias-Antler, but I know that some of you
                > dig this stuff (Anders, Jesper...)
                >
                > I discovered some new info that has been put online
                > this spring, even by the band members themselves!
                >
                > http://www.swedishpunk.com/bands.php?id=301
                >
                > There is a similar site for those who can read
                > Swedish:
                > http://www.punktipset.se/default.asp
                >
                > Also good info about Cosmic Overdose (pre-Twice a Man)
                > and other similar bands in the scene...
                >
                > Jan
                > (currently in Singapore)
                >

                > TO UNSUBSCRIBE

                > Yahoo! Groups Links

              • Jan Sundstrom
                Message 7 of 20 , Jul 4, 2006
                  --- Michael Rea <teknoficks@...> skrev:
                  > Hi Jan in Singapore...must be hot there yeah?

                  Sure thing. Hovering around 34 degrees, so I stay
                  inside the airconditioned shopping malls, spending
                  money on computer and camera gear, new MP3 players etc
                  ;-)

                  > where can i go to find their
                  > work?

                  They only released a few 7" and compilation tracks in
                  Sweden back in 1981, so don't expect to stumble over
                  them. I think they're featured on the Flexipop bootleg
                  series, but I don't own any of them myself...

                  Anders can probably tell you more about their style,
                  he owns the compilation LPs where they are featured.

                  Mats Wigerdahl who was the drummer later had a band
                  called Oven & Stove (together with Thomas Oberg of Bob
                  Hund/Bergman Rock fame).

                  Take care everybody,

                  /Jan

                  > >From: Jan Sundstrom <jansunds@...>
                  > >To: pias-antler@yahoogroups.com
                  > >Subject: [pias-antler] Kitchen & Plastic Spoons +
                  > other Swedish minimal
                  > >Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2006 15:27:04 +0200 (CEST)
                  > >
                  > >Hi all,
                  > >
                  > >Not strictly Pias-Antler, but I know that some of
                  > you
                  > >dig this stuff (Anders, Jesper...)
                  > >
                  > >I discovered some new info that has been put online
                  > >this spring, even by the band members themselves!
                  > >
                  > >http://www.swedishpunk.com/bands.php?id=301
                  > >
                  > >There is a similar site for those who can read
                  > >Swedish:
                  > >http://www.punktipset.se/default.asp
                  > >
                  > >Also good info about Cosmic Overdose (pre-Twice a
                  > Man)
                  > >and other similar bands in the scene...
                  > >
                  > >Jan
                  > >(currently in Singapore)
                  > >

                  > >TO UNSUBSCRIBE
                  > >
                  > >Send an empty email to
                  > pias-antler-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com
                  > >Yahoo! Groups Links

                  > Find the coolest online games @
                  > http://xtramsn.co.nz/gaming

                  > --------------------~-->
                  > Great things are happening at Yahoo! Groups. See
                  > the new email design.

                  http://us.click.yahoo.com/TISQkA/hOaOAA/yQLSAA/VpLolB/TM

                • Ulf Johansson
                  Message 8 of 20 , Jul 4, 2006
                    Hi,

                    I just needed to say that I absolutely loved their first single 'Happy funeral'. It sounds very similar to Devo in a way. Very quirky minimal electro with extremely 'hysterical' vocals. Their best track by far.

                    If it hasn't been mentioned before; Mats Wigerdal also appear in the band Ubangi (together with a.o. Tomas 'Orup' Eriksson and Cia Berg). He nowadays plays synth in the band Robert Johnson and Punchdrunks.

                    Ulf

                    > Hi Jan in Singapore...must be hot there yeah?

                    Sure thing. Hovering around 34 degrees, so I stay
                    inside the airconditioned shopping malls, spending
                    money on computer and camera gear, new MP3 players etc
                    ;-)

                    > where can i go to find their
                    > work?

                    They only released a few 7" and compilation tracks in
                    Sweden back in 1981, so don't expect to stumble over
                    them. I think they're featured on the Flexipop bootleg
                    series, but I don't own any of them myself...

                    Anders can probably tell you more about their style,
                    he owns the compilation LPs where they are featured.

                    Mats Wigerdahl who was the drummer later had a band
                    called Oven & Stove (together with Thomas Oberg of Bob
                    Hund/Bergman Rock fame).

                    Take care everybody,

                    /Jan

                    > >From: Jan Sundstrom <jansunds@...>
                    > >To: pias-antler@yahoogroups.com
                    > >Subject: [pias-antler] Kitchen & Plastic Spoons +
                    > other Swedish minimal
                    > >Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2006 15:27:04 +0200 (CEST)
                    > >
                    > >Hi all,
                    > >
                    > >Not strictly Pias-Antler, but I know that some of
                    > you
                    > >dig this stuff (Anders, Jesper...)
                    > >
                    > >I discovered some new info that has been put online
                    > >this spring, even by the band members themselves!
                    > >
                    > >http://www.swedishpunk.com/bands.php?id=301
                    > >
                    > >There is a similar site for those who can read
                    > >Swedish:
                    > >http://www.punktipset.se/default.asp
                    > >
                    > >Also good info about Cosmic Overdose (pre-Twice a
                    > Man)
                    > >and other similar bands in the scene...
                    > >
                    > >Jan
                    > >(currently in Singapore)
                    > >

                    > >TO UNSUBSCRIBE
                    > >
                    > >Send an empty email to
                    > pias-antler-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com
                    > >Yahoo! Groups Links

                    > Find the coolest online games @
                    > http://xtramsn.co.nz/gaming

                    > --------------------~-->
                    > Great things are happening at Yahoo! Groups. See
                    > the new email design.

                    http://us.click.yahoo.com/TISQkA/hOaOAA/yQLSAA/VpLolB/TM

                  • Renato Zanotto de Paschoal
                    Message 9 of 20 , Jul 4, 2006
                      I think a few of their songs are in the Tribute to
                      Some Bizarre series as well, easilly found no slsk.
                      Bye!
                      Renato Z.

                      http://br.mobile.yahoo.com/mailalertas/
                    • Allclean
                      Message 10 of 20 , Jul 4, 2006
                        Nice flow of info coming through there from the team...

                        Mr renny...whats the aka on the 'some Bizarre' comp?..

                        ...and hey Jan!...whats the cheapest you can pick up mp3 players over there
                        for (inc am/fm)?..oh and we havent heard from Anders in about a year
                        now...so maybe you could give him a bit of a nudge for us.?

                        'Ubangi 'is a pretty wacky band name there Ulf...have to add that to the
                        ole' collection just for the namesake alone ..ha ha.

                        cheers dudes,

                        mr mike.

                        n/p Electro Assassin - Bioculture (hyperium at its best!!!)

                        > Hi Jan in Singapore...must be hot there yeah?

                        Sure thing. Hovering around 34 degrees, so I stay
                        inside the airconditioned shopping malls, spending
                        money on computer and camera gear, new MP3 players etc
                        ;-)

                        > where can i go to find their
                        > work?

                        They only released a few 7" and compilation tracks in
                        Sweden back in 1981, so don't expect to stumble over
                        them. I think they're featured on the Flexipop bootleg
                        series, but I don't own any of them myself...

                        Anders can probably tell you more about their style,
                        he owns the compilation LPs where they are featured.

                        Mats Wigerdahl who was the drummer later had a band
                        called Oven & Stove (together with Thomas Oberg of Bob
                        Hund/Bergman Rock fame).

                        Take care everybody,

                        /Jan

                        > >From: Jan Sundstrom <jansunds@...>
                        > >To: pias-antler@yahoogroups.com
                        > >Subject: [pias-antler] Kitchen & Plastic Spoons +
                        > other Swedish minimal
                        > >Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2006 15:27:04 +0200 (CEST)
                        > >
                        > >Hi all,
                        > >
                        > >Not strictly Pias-Antler, but I know that some of
                        > you
                        > >dig this stuff (Anders, Jesper...)
                        > >
                        > >I discovered some new info that has been put online
                        > >this spring, even by the band members themselves!
                        > >
                        > >http://www.swedishpunk.com/bands.php?id=301
                        > >
                        > >There is a similar site for those who can read
                        > >Swedish:
                        > >http://www.punktipset.se/default.asp
                        > >
                        > >Also good info about Cosmic Overdose (pre-Twice a
                        > Man)
                        > >and other similar bands in the scene...
                        > >
                        > >Jan
                        > >(currently in Singapore)
                        > >

                        > >TO UNSUBSCRIBE
                        > >
                        > >Send an empty email to
                        > pias-antler-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com
                        > >Yahoo! Groups Links

                        > Find the coolest online games @
                        > http://xtramsn.co.nz/gaming

                      • Allclean
                        Message 11 of 20 , Jul 4, 2006
                          Ulf, i see that 'Robert Johnson and Punchdrunks' have about 7 releases out
                          there...so which title do you think is the most relevant to the pias/antler
                          sound of things?

                          Mike

                          > Hi Jan in Singapore...must be hot there yeah?

                          Sure thing. Hovering around 34 degrees, so I stay
                          inside the airconditioned shopping malls, spending
                          money on computer and camera gear, new MP3 players etc
                          ;-)

                          > where can i go to find their
                          > work?

                          They only released a few 7" and compilation tracks in
                          Sweden back in 1981, so don't expect to stumble over
                          them. I think they're featured on the Flexipop bootleg
                          series, but I don't own any of them myself...

                          Anders can probably tell you more about their style,
                          he owns the compilation LPs where they are featured.

                          Mats Wigerdahl who was the drummer later had a band
                          called Oven & Stove (together with Thomas Oberg of Bob
                          Hund/Bergman Rock fame).

                          Take care everybody,

                          /Jan

                          > >From: Jan Sundstrom <jansunds@...>
                          > >To: pias-antler@yahoogroups.com
                          > >Subject: [pias-antler] Kitchen & Plastic Spoons +
                          > other Swedish minimal
                          > >Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2006 15:27:04 +0200 (CEST)
                          > >
                          > >Hi all,
                          > >
                          > >Not strictly Pias-Antler, but I know that some of
                          > you
                          > >dig this stuff (Anders, Jesper...)
                          > >
                          > >I discovered some new info that has been put online
                          > >this spring, even by the band members themselves!
                          > >
                          > >http://www.swedishpunk.com/bands.php?id=301
                          > >
                          > >There is a similar site for those who can read
                          > >Swedish:
                          > >http://www.punktipset.se/default.asp
                          > >
                          > >Also good info about Cosmic Overdose (pre-Twice a
                          > Man)
                          > >and other similar bands in the scene...
                          > >
                          > >Jan
                          > >(currently in Singapore)
                          > >

                          > >TO UNSUBSCRIBE
                          > >
                          > >Send an empty email to
                          > pias-antler-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com
                          > >Yahoo! Groups Links

                          > Find the coolest online games @
                          > http://xtramsn.co.nz/gaming

                        • Ulf Johansson
                          Message 12 of 20 , Jul 4, 2006
                            Mike, I know they have released a lot of stuff. The sound of RJP is really strange too (some kind of weird hybride between 60's surf-music and electronics). They changed their sound dramatically on their last release 'taste the wup at oki dog' though and dropped some bandmembers (including Mats Wigerdal). Haven't heard too much of their music to be sure though.

                            I wouldn't say that their sound fit into the pias-antler sound of things, but they sure are interesting.

                            Furthermore about 'Ubangi'; not only is the name of the band funny - their releases often had funny titles like; 'the little cat and the dirty dog', 'Oh no, I'm pregnant' 'In Zaire' or 'Did you give me the wrong number?' and so on (if I remember correctly)......

                            Ulf

                            > Hi Jan in Singapore...must be hot there yeah?

                            Sure thing. Hovering around 34 degrees, so I stay
                            inside the airconditioned shopping malls, spending
                            money on computer and camera gear, new MP3 players etc
                            ;-)

                            > where can i go to find their
                            > work?

                            They only released a few 7" and compilation tracks in
                            Sweden back in 1981, so don't expect to stumble over
                            them. I think they're featured on the Flexipop bootleg
                            series, but I don't own any of them myself...

                            Anders can probably tell you more about their style,
                            he owns the compilation LPs where they are featured.

                            Mats Wigerdahl who was the drummer later had a band
                            called Oven & Stove (together with Thomas Oberg of Bob
                            Hund/Bergman Rock fame).

                            Take care everybody,

                            /Jan

                            > >From: Jan Sundstrom <jansunds@...>
                            > >To: pias-antler@yahoogroups.com
                            > >Subject: [pias-antler] Kitchen & Plastic Spoons +
                            > other Swedish minimal
                            > >Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2006 15:27:04 +0200 (CEST)
                            > >
                            > >Hi all,
                            > >
                            > >Not strictly Pias-Antler, but I know that some of
                            > you
                            > >dig this stuff (Anders, Jesper...)
                            > >
                            > >I discovered some new info that has been put online
                            > >this spring, even by the band members themselves!
                            > >
                            > >http://www.swedishpunk.com/bands.php?id=301
                            > >
                            > >There is a similar site for those who can read
                            > >Swedish:
                            > >http://www.punktipset.se/default.asp
                            > >
                            > >Also good info about Cosmic Overdose (pre-Twice a
                            > Man)
                            > >and other similar bands in the scene...
                            > >
                            > >Jan
                            > >(currently in Singapore)
                            > >

                            > >TO UNSUBSCRIBE
                            > >
                            > >Send an empty email to
                            > pias-antler-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com
                            > >Yahoo! Groups Links

                            > Find the coolest online games @
                            > http://xtramsn.co.nz/gaming

                          • jesper
                            Message 13 of 20 , Jul 5, 2006
                              > Nice flow of info coming through there from the team...
                              >>
                              > Mr renny...whats the aka on the 'some Bizarre' comp?..
                              >>
                              > ...and hey Jan!...whats the cheapest you can pick up mp3 players over there
                              > for (inc am/fm)?..oh and we havent heard from Anders in about a year
                              > now...so maybe you could give him a bit of a nudge for us.?
                              >>
                              > 'Ubangi 'is a pretty wacky band name there Ulf...have to add that to the
                              > ole' collection just for the namesake alone ..ha ha.

                              Look out for "Monster Ombord" 7" single. It's a killer! I have Ubangi-related stuff
                              in the store now, but not Ubangi themselves as they tend to get sold quite quick...

                              electronically yours, jesper - who can only recommend ThereIsNoOrchestra which is
                              Cia and Orup from Ubangi... killer album!
                            • Allclean
                              Message 14 of 20 , Jul 5, 2006
                                Cheers for that Ulf...might pick up a random copy of RJP if i manage to find
                                a budget copy somewhere, just to see if its a direction that i like, also
                                regarding the Ubangi stuff...i did a search for them and see that there's a
                                band called 'Ubangi 4'...is this also the same band?

                                Mike.

                                Message 15 of 20 , Jul 5, 2006
                                  Nope, not as far as I know...

                                  electronically yours, jesper
                                  - -- --- ---- ----- ---- --- -- -
                                  www.electronic-obsession.se

                                  > Cheers for that Ulf...might pick up a random copy of RJP if i manage to
                                  > find
                                  > a budget copy somewhere, just to see if its a direction that i like, also
                                  > regarding the Ubangi stuff...i did a search for them and see that there's
                                  > band called 'Ubangi 4'...is this also the same band?
                                  >

                                  > Mike.
                                  >

                                  > Mike, I know they have released a lot of stuff. The sound of RJP is really
                                  > strange too (some kind of weird hybride between 60's surf-music and
                                  > electronics). They changed their sound dramatically on their last release
                                  > 'taste the wup at oki dog' though and dropped some bandmembers (including
                                  > Mats Wigerdal). Haven't heard too much of their music to be sure though.
                                  >
                                  > I wouldn't say that their sound fit into the pias-antler sound of things,
                                  > but they sure are interesting.
                                  >
                                  > Furthermore about 'Ubangi'; not only is the name of the band funny - their
                                  > releases often had funny titles like; 'the little cat and the dirty dog',
                                  > 'Oh no, I'm pregnant' 'In Zaire' or 'Did you give me the wrong number?'
                                  > and
                                  > so on (if I remember correctly)......
                                  >
                                  > Ulf

                                • Ulf Johansson
                                  Message 16 of 20 , Jul 5, 2006
                                    No, I don't think so either.....

                                    Ulf
                                    > Cheers for that Ulf...might pick up a random copy of RJP if i manage to
                                    > find
                                    > a budget copy somewhere, just to see if its a direction that i like, also
                                    > regarding the Ubangi stuff...i did a search for them and see that there's
                                    > band called 'Ubangi 4'...is this also the same band?
                                    >

                                    > Mike.
                                    >

                                    > Mike, I know they have released a lot of stuff. The sound of RJP is really
                                    > strange too (some kind of weird hybride between 60's surf-music and
                                    > electronics). They changed their sound dramatically on their last release
                                    > 'taste the wup at oki dog' though and dropped some bandmembers (including
                                    > Mats Wigerdal). Haven't heard too much of their music to be sure though.
                                    >
                                    > I wouldn't say that their sound fit into the pias-antler sound of things,
                                    > but they sure are interesting.
                                    >
                                    > Furthermore about 'Ubangi'; not only is the name of the band funny - their
                                    > releases often had funny titles like; 'the little cat and the dirty dog',
                                    > 'Oh no, I'm pregnant' 'In Zaire' or 'Did you give me the wrong number?'
                                    > and
                                    > so on (if I remember correctly)......
                                    >
                                    > Ulf

                                  • Ulf Johansson
                                    Message 17 of 20 , Jul 9, 2006
                                      Hi all!

                                      Actually, I have a Ubangi album for sale.

                                      So, if someone is interested in the LP 'Disco baby', please contact me separately at ulf.johansson.bip@... . The price is ?8 + postage. It has a dedication and a small drawing on the cover (made by a bandmember probably).

                                      Ulf

                                      > Hi Jan in Singapore...must be hot there yeah?

                                      Sure thing. Hovering around 34 degrees, so I stay
                                      inside the airconditioned shopping malls, spending
                                      money on computer and camera gear, new MP3 players etc
                                      ;-)

                                      > where can i go to find their
                                      > work?

                                      They only released a few 7" and compilation tracks in
                                      Sweden back in 1981, so don't expect to stumble over
                                      them. I think they're featured on the Flexipop bootleg
                                      series, but I don't own any of them myself...

                                      Anders can probably tell you more about their style,
                                      he owns the compilation LPs where they are featured.

                                      Mats Wigerdahl who was the drummer later had a band
                                      called Oven & Stove (together with Thomas Oberg of Bob
                                      Hund/Bergman Rock fame).

                                      Take care everybody,

                                      /Jan

                                      > >From: Jan Sundstrom <jansunds@...>
                                      > >To: pias-antler@yahoogroups.com
                                      > >Subject: [pias-antler] Kitchen & Plastic Spoons +
                                      > other Swedish minimal
                                      > >Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2006 15:27:04 +0200 (CEST)
                                      > >
                                      > >Hi all,
                                      > >
                                      > >Not strictly Pias-Antler, but I know that some of
                                      > you
                                      > >dig this stuff (Anders, Jesper...)
                                      > >
                                      > >I discovered some new info that has been put online
                                      > >this spring, even by the band members themselves!
                                      > >
                                      > >http://www.swedishpunk.com/bands.php?id=301
                                      > >
                                      > >There is a similar site for those who can read
                                      > >Swedish:
                                      > >http://www.punktipset.se/default.asp
                                      > >
                                      > >Also good info about Cosmic Overdose (pre-Twice a
                                      > Man)
                                      > >and other similar bands in the scene...
                                      > >
                                      > >Jan
                                      > >(currently in Singapore)
                                      > >

                                      > >TO UNSUBSCRIBE
                                      > >
                                      > >Send an empty email to
                                      > pias-antler-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com
                                      > >Yahoo! Groups Links

                                      > Find the coolest online games @
                                      > http://xtramsn.co.nz/gaming

                                    • Jan Sundstrom
                                      Message 18 of 20 , Jul 13, 2006
                                        I totally forgot about the Punchdrunks connection. If
                                        anyone here reads Russian, there is an exotic
                                        interview where the band "family tree" is mentioned:
                                        http://vinyl.pl.ru/public/per_thorsell.htm

                                        /Jan

                                        http://us.click.yahoo.com/XISQkA/lOaOAA/yQLSAA/VpLolB/TM

                                      • Jan Sundstrom
                                        Message 19 of 20 , Jul 13, 2006
                                          Hey Mike and all,

                                          If you just want a no frills MP3 player with FM (I
                                          really don't know abt AM, is anybody listening to AM
                                          these days???), they can be picked up for SGD 35 or
                                          less (about 15 euro).
                                          Branded stuff like Creative are maybe 50 euro for the
                                          current models, older ones half of that, if you chance
                                          upon them in the shops.

                                          But if you're picky and shopping for a particular
                                          feature or model, you migth run out of luck in
                                          Singapore, they don't have everything here.

                                          Ebay is your friend. I just bought my 20GB iRiver for
                                          98 EUR there, since it was already discontinued!

                                          /Jan

                                          PS. I'll forward this to Anders, he's probably
                                          slogging at work now ;-)