Old concert posters

  • Jan Sundstrom
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 1, 2005
      Hey all,

      De-lurking after some busy months.
      This Swedish guy got some media attention recently.
      He's got a huge collection of concert posters:
      http://www.sweconpos.com/english.htm

      Take a look at A Split Second, Cassandra Complex, and
      lot's more related stuff! Brings back old memories...

      /Jan
    • jesper@electronic-obsession.se
      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 1, 2005
        I wonder how he stores them... It's not like a record, youpull out, listen
        and puts back... And he cannot have room on the walls...

        electronically yours, jesper
        - -- --- ---- ----- ---- --- -- -
        www.electronic-obsession.se

        > This Swedish guy got some media attention recently.
        > He's got a huge collection of concert posters:
        > http://www.sweconpos.com/english.htm
        >
        > Take a look at A Split Second, Cassandra Complex, and
        > lot's more related stuff! Brings back old memories...
        >
        > /Jan
        >

        > TO UNSUBSCRIBE

        > Yahoo! Groups Links

      • superlightweight
        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 1, 2005
          They are pretty easy to store since they are flat. Like a big deck of cards.

          Message 4 of 7 , Sep 1, 2005
            I know, but... how BORING!!! ;)

            electronically yours, jesper
            - -- --- ---- ----- ---- --- -- -
            www.electronic-obsession.se

            > They are pretty easy to store since they are flat. Like a big deck of
            > cards.

          • Jan Sundstrom
            Message 5 of 7 , Sep 2, 2005
              I was just wondering about the same thing.
              Perhaps like the wall-hanging white flip-stand that
              some record stores use (thin pastic frames), but that
              would still be very bulky given the 1000's of posters.

              Or the floorbased v-stand that some art stores use,
              where the posters are loose, but you can still flip
              through?

              I once saw the ideal storage for collectable/rare
              posters, at a map store (Esselte Vasagatan in
              Stockholm). It's a huge set of flat drawers, that can
              swallow a lot. I believe architect offices use them to
              store drawings. Typically with these rounded leather
              weights to keep them in place when you spread them.

              I've got a healthy collection of posters too, but they
              are sadly rolled and stowed away... :( I feel your
              pain Jesper.

              /Jan

              http://us.click.yahoo.com/iuUuID/dnQLAA/n1hLAA/VpLolB/TM