Re: [pias-antler] Re: OT: heavy HEAVY parcel from germany

  • thomas.braun@genion.de
    Message 1 of 23 , Jul 1, 2004
      > I appreciate the offer and can imagine you with that huge parcel on the
      > back! ;)
      > Cars are better for such duties...

      You don't know my motorbike... *g*

      Thomas
    • jesper
      Message 2 of 23 , Jul 1, 2004
        thomas.braun@... wrote:
        >> I appreciate the offer and can imagine you with that huge parcel on
        >> the back! ;)
        >> Cars are better for such duties...
        >
        > You don't know my motorbike... *g*
        >
        > Thomas

        Well, I was beaten on the auction with 10 euros so there's no machine to
        send;

        *boohoohoo*

        http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3731930331&sspagename=S
        TRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1

        electronically yours, jesper
        www.electronic-obsession.se
        - -- --- ---- ----- ---- --- -- -
        "The modern world revolves around
        the synthesizer's song" (Ultravox)
      • Jan Sundström
        Message 3 of 23 , Jul 1, 2004
          At 07:13 2004-06-30 +0200, you wrote:
          >Ea242@... wrote:
          > > even for a german it is not as easy as it should be to figure out the
          > > shipping costs ;-)
          >
          >Well, it looks like I'll have to check with a swedish office to see if it's
          >managable... It's a synthesizer that (with case and extras) weights approx
          >60 kilos.

          Hey Jesper and all,

          Most ppl tend not to think of it, but there are lots of smaller freight
          companies out there.
          Recently I had to check up what it costs to ship a kingsize bed (!) from
          Switzerland to Sweden.
          Most international firms like DHL quoted around 1000 EUR.
          Then I found www.euroglobe.se, who gave me the price 380 EUR. Insurance is
          usually just a fraction of the price, provided it's well packed by the sender.

          If Euroglobe doesn't work for you, try sending out a few mails to the
          spedition comapnies in the yellow pages. You'll be surprised!

          Jan
        • jesper
          Message 4 of 23 , Jul 1, 2004
            Jan Sundström wrote:
            > If Euroglobe doesn't work for you, try sending out a few mails to the
            > spedition comapnies in the yellow pages. You'll be surprised!

            Thanks - I'll remember that! Though I think 100 euro is very fair for 60
            kilos from Köln to Malmö... but 1000, that's a joke!

            Message 5 of 23 , Jul 1, 2004
              Hey all,

              I just switched on the radio, and a song was playing that sounded really
              like Ministry.
              I was very surprised when they announced it to be Killing Joke, a track
              called "Asteroid".

              I didn't know KJ were that much into industrial metal (ca the Psalm 69
              years...).
              Is this representative for the rest of the KJ stuff? Renato?!

              Jan
            • Bo Krogsgaard
              Message 6 of 23 , Jul 1, 2004
                On Fri, 2 Jul 2004, Jan Sundström wrote:

                > I just switched on the radio, and a song was playing that sounded really
                > like Ministry.
                > I was very surprised when they announced it to be Killing Joke, a track
                > called "Asteroid".
                >
                > I didn't know KJ were that much into industrial metal (ca the Psalm 69
                > years...).
                > Is this representative for the rest of the KJ stuff? Renato?!

                Uh, it is Ministry who are inspired by Killing Joke and not the other way
                around. In fact, Patti Jourgensen used to date Jaz Coleman, but that is a
                long story.

                Asteroid is one of the faster tracks on the latest Killing Joke album.
                Most of the album is in that vein, but since they tend to change from
                album to album i wouldn't say it is representative of the band as a whole.

                The album called Pandemonium is their most synthetic one, still with the
                typical edge though, try it out (as well as the latest self titled one) if
                you get the chance.

              • jesper
                Message 7 of 23 , Jul 1, 2004
                  Jan Sundström wrote:
                  > Hey all,
                  >
                  > I just switched on the radio, and a song was playing that sounded
                  > really like Ministry.
                  > I was very surprised when they announced it to be Killing Joke, a
                  > track called "Asteroid".
                  >
                  > I didn't know KJ were that much into industrial metal (ca the Psalm 69
                  > years...).
                  > Is this representative for the rest of the KJ stuff? Renato?!

                  What was that industrial stuff CD called? "Millenium" or something right? I
                  remember it from MTV 120 Minutes, but I also remember I never liked it.

                  Magnus, are you still out there. You're a KJ-head, enlighten us! ;)

                  electronically yours, jesper
                  www.electronic-obsession.se
                  - -- --- ---- ----- ---- --- -- -
                  "The modern world revolves around
                  the synthesizer's song" (Ultravox)
                • DJ Wattie
                  Message 8 of 23 , Jul 2, 2004
                    >What was that industrial stuff CD called?

                    Killing Joke industrial? That's a good one! :)

                    M.
                  • Renato Zanotto de Paschoal
                    Message 9 of 23 , Jul 2, 2004
                      Yes, they got a lot more of that industrial metal-ish sound since the early 90s, but in my opinion they already did some tracks like that inthe early 80s, see The Wait as reference.
                      The CDs Extremeties, Pandemonium, Democracy and the last one got a lot of that, I personally like them all, but it is funny how opions split when it comes about KJ in the 90s. I remember it was said that the album Extremeties was one of the biggest influences to american industrial metal people in the early 90s.
                      Ciao!
                      Renato Z.
                      I just switched on the radio, and a song was playing that sounded really
                      like Ministry.
                      I was very surprised when they announced it to be Killing Joke, a track
                      called "Asteroid".

                      I didn't know KJ were that much into industrial metal (ca the Psalm 69
                      years...).
                      Is this representative for the rest of the KJ stuff? Renato?!

                      Jan

                      TO UNSUBSCRIBE

                      Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

                    • Magnus Nilsson
                      Message 10 of 23 , Jul 2, 2004
                        OK, here's the story. Killing Joke was one of the
                        first industrial rock bands ever, realeasing three
                        fanatically fantastic albums in the early 80's called
                        "Killing Joke", "Whats This For" and "Revelations".
                        After having released those classics some people left
                        the band whilst Jaz moved to Iceland expecting
                        armageddon this resulted in "Fire Dances" an album
                        that is more like a punky Adam and the ants, following
                        that release were two albums who are more goth and pop
                        called "Night Time" and "Brighter than a thousand
                        suns". The album following that was called "Outside
                        the gates" and is more pure pop quite similar to some
                        early Simple Minds. Line up change followed and Martyn
                        Atkins joined for the album "Extremities dirt and
                        various repressed emotions" and Killing Joke were back
                        doing industrial rock or almost industrial metal with
                        a touch of goth and some pop. After that explosion of
                        emotion the band released "Pandemonium", an album with
                        more electronics but less thought through songs,
                        showing more of Killing Jokes or Jaz' interest in the
                        occult. The album that followed was called "Democracy"
                        and was more rock but still sporting some great tracks
                        eg "Medicine Wheel", "Lanterns", "Pilgrimage". Now the
                        latest release sometimes called "Killing Joke" some
                        times called "the death and ressurection show" shows
                        the return of an angry and quite frankly pissed off
                        Killing Joke again throwing their hat in the political
                        ring screaming for revolution and change. Attacking
                        the USA, passive intellectuals as well as the general
                        passive on-looker or as some other artist would
                        express it "stand up, react and fight". All albums are
                        worth checking out but the one I like the least is
                        "Outside The Gates". Anyway hope it helped. And do
                        check them out, they really are worth it. I mean a
                        band that has inspired such major acts as Ministry,
                        Nirvana and Metallica as well as some of the culprits
                        of the Canadian electronic industrial wave has to be
                        worth some interest, don't you think.

                        Magnus

                        --- Jan Sundström <sunjan@...> wrote: > Hey all,

                        http://us.click.yahoo.com/akrq7C/FARHAA/n1hLAA/VpLolB/TM