AVON Breast CA Walk PT volunteers

  • BodyPhysics
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 22 9:58 AM
      Hello all!

      I am the Physical Therapy Crew Captain for the AVON Breast CA 3Day
      Walk. We are still looking for volunteers to help treat walkers for
      the event. You would be volunteering your time for one of the 3 days
      and the cost is FREE. Normally there is a $150 fee to volunteers
      however time is getting short and so they have waived the fee for
      Specialy Crew.

      We would be treating walkers for all sorts of musculoskeletal
      injuries - hamstrings, gastroc, soleus achilles, anterior tib and
      quad overuse; providing education and stretching; insuring that they
      can safely complete the event. Your PT background alone is the
      perfect preparation for doing an event like this.

      The event is July 12th, 13th and 14th from Santa Clara to SF. We
      camp the first night in Bay Meadows (San Mateo), Day Two in Skyline
      College (San Bruno) and end up in SF. Hours available to work are
      6:30AM to 9AM in the camp and then 1PM to 9PM in the next nights'
      camp.

      If you have 4-8hrs to donate your time, we'd love to have you!!!
      These walkers are not always as prepared as they think they are and
      your time and knowledge is invaluable!!!

      Contact me with questions!

      Alisa Curry, RPT
      PT Crew Captain
      cell 510-329-4586