Need Help...

  • isaac b
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 27 9:41 AM
      Hello
      I am a PT student in Ohio looking for information on our
      practice. We are to do a project on autonomous practice, direct
      access. I am looking for any links or sources of information regarding
      the history of autonomous practice for physical therapists. Nationally
      or specifically to Ohio, we are looking for information on the stance
      held by the APTA and any legislative/legal action passed or in the
      process of being passed regarding direct access. Your help is
      appreciated.

      Isaac B Villa
    • brian richman
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 28 5:09 PM

          isaac b <ivilla@...> wrote:

        Well, the best place to look, which I'm sure you're going to hear a million times is the APTA website. But just in case nobody else mentioned it, I'd thought I'd be the first. Another site someone just turned me onto is PTMANAGER.COM, and I'm sure if you can find each state that allows direct access, you should contact their dept. of health profession for that particular state. Other than that, I'm sure when you put "Physical Therapy" into a search on the internet, you'll come up with another million others that you can contact (and see if they tell you to try the APTA first). Good Luck

        Brian Richman MPT

        Hello
        I am a PT student in Ohio looking for information on our
        practice. We are to do a project on autonomous practice, direct
        access. I am looking for any links or sources of information regarding
        the history of autonomous practice for physical therapists. Nationally
        or specifically to Ohio, we are looking for information on the stance
        held by the APTA and any legislative/legal action passed or in the
        process of being passed regarding direct access. Your help is
        appreciated.

        Isaac B Villa

        Do You Yahoo!?