[physical_therapists_in_business] No Subject

  • mborzillo@aol.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 25, 2000
      Hello Charleen,

      I found your web site while browsing the web on a snow-filled day!
      In reading your posts, I am curious about the details of your "home
      internet and health care business". Is it directly related to the
      Physical Therapy industry? You are correct in stating that we, as
      Physical Therapists, need to become comfortable in utilizing our
      knowledge in more non-traditional settings in order to produce revenue.
      If we do not, someone else will profit from a services that could be
      well provided by us (as has already happened with massage therapists,
      personal trainers etc..). We need to learn to successfully market
      ourselves and the services that we can provide and find the clients who
      would be willing to pay for that service,

      I am also a female PT with over 10 years of experience who has worked
      in multiple settings, including acute care, outpatient, post-acute
      rehab, homecare and now SNF and outpatient aquatics.

      I look forward to your reply and to continued dialogue on this subject.

      Michele Borzillo, MPT
    • Charlene K. Anderson
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 25, 2000
        Dear Michele,
        I hear the east coast is being hit hard right now!
        I live in Southern California, and I am upset because it is raining!
        This group is new and growing. Thank you for joining.
        Your ideas are very valuable.
        In addition to us as a profession, we, as indiviuals, need to look at
        our
        careers differently.
        My home business is in preventative health not in PT.
        I utilize my knowledge, communication skills and
        credibility to promote the business. I work with a team
        of physicians, nurses, PT's and business people. This is what I mean
        by your degree and experiences as a PT being a starting point. I
        don't need my degree to do the business but it adds tremendous value.
        If you want to know more, check out the links section.
        I have a couple of websites there.
        Sincerely,
        Charlene
        mborzill-@... wrote:
        original article:http://www.egroups.com/group/physical_therapists_in_bu
        siness/?start=7
        > Hello Charleen,
        >
        > I found your web site while browsing the web on a snow-filled day!
        > In reading your posts, I am curious about the details of your "home
        > internet and health care business". Is it directly related to the
        > Physical Therapy industry? You are correct in stating that we, as
        > Physical Therapists, need to become comfortable in utilizing our
        > knowledge in more non-traditional settings in order to produce
        revenue.
        > If we do not, someone else will profit from a services that could be
        > well provided by us (as has already happened with massage therapists,
        > personal trainers etc..). We need to learn to successfully market
        > ourselves and the services that we can provide and find the clients
        who
        > would be willing to pay for that service,
        >
        > I am also a female PT with over 10 years of experience who has worked
        > in multiple settings, including acute care, outpatient, post-acute
        > rehab, homecare and now SNF and outpatient aquatics.
        >
        > I look forward to your reply and to continued dialogue on this
        subject.

        > Michele Borzillo, MPT

      • Adrienne Mitford
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 25, 2000
          I read about this web site in Advance magazine. I think you have a
          wonderful idea and I am excited to read about the ideas and posts from
          other people. I am a recent PT grad (1997). I started as a traveling
          therapist and I am currently working in a school system. I was
          unemployed for 3 months, early last year. I felt that I had little
          else to do, but search for a "PT job". It will be nice to hear of
          other creative ways to use my PT degree.
          Thanks for creating this site. I hope more PT's will join.
        • Wayne and Charlene Anderson
          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 25, 2000
            Dear Adrienne,
            Thank you for your kind words. I am glad you found us. I used to work for
            a vendor to the school districts. I developed contacts with other PT's.
            When I quit that job, just less than a year ago, one of those contacts asked
            me to join her in consulting for a special ed school. I am paid by a parent
            organization to help the teachers carry out a MOVE program. Through those
            contacts, I also get private clients. I actually turn some down. I am
            thinking of quitting my job at a Child Development Center (2 days a week) to
            do this and my home biz more.
            If you really like peds, I really recommend creating contacts with other
            professionals that could also be useful in the future. I have always
            thought of myself as a "professional entity" representing myself and my
            employer.
            I look forward to hearing more from you! If you have any questions please
            ask.
            Charlene

            http://www.egroups.com/vote?listname=physical_therapists_in_business&m=1