[physical_therapists_in_business] Re: What are the advantages to being in business for yourself?

  • megan barclay
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 17, 2000
      Dear Charlene,
      Although I cannot share any advantages to being in business for myself
      because I am still in school getting my masters in PT, I appreciate
      reading your messages and learning from your experiences. Also as a
      female in her mid-twenties, I admire your ability to advance your
      career as a PT and balance a family. You are a good role model for
      myself and many of my classmates. Thank you for encouraging other PTs
      to comment on these issues that you address. I enjoy learning from
      insightful comments made by experienced PTs.
      Thanks for sharing,
      Megan

      "charlene k. anderson" <charanderso-@...> wrote:
      original article:http://www.egroups.com/group/physical_therapists_in_bu
      siness/?start=2
      > There are many advantages to being in business for yourself,
      especially
      > these days! I will share the advantages from my perspective in hopes
      > that it will stimulate conversation. First of all, my most important
      > job is that of a mother. As a mother, I feel strong twinges at my
      > heart everytime I leave my children to go to my part time job. I am
      > gone about nine hours each day, for 2 days. Don't get me wrong Peds
      > P.T. is very fullfilling. The challenge is being away so long! Here
      > comes the first advantage for me, FLEXIBLITY. For the rest of the
      week
      > I do consultation at a special ed school for 4 hours, a couple of
      > private clients and then my home internet and health business. I can
      > set my own schedule. Whenever possible I work around my children's
      > awake hours. The second advantage is of course MONETARY. I get paid
      > three times more an hour to consult than I do at my job. Private
      > clients also pay well. My home business is still building but has the
      > potential to pay huge dividends. Can anyone else think of other
      > advantages? I hope so. Please Share your ideas.
      > Charlene

    • Charlene K. Anderson
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 25, 2000
        Thank you Megan,
        Perhaps you can keep us up to date on what is
        being taught from a business perspective in school?
        Charlene

        "megan barclay" <megan_barcla-@...> wrote:
        original article:http://www.egroups.com/group/physical_therapists_in_bu
        siness/?start=5