[physical_therapists_in_business] Other opportunities in Rehab

  • Karen McCauley
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 9, 2000
      Hi members,
      I recently joined this group and I really appreciate the ability to
      communicate with other Physical Therapists on their own. There are
      many opportunities out there for PTs that want or need to extend beyond
      the clinic. I am a part-time consultant for a medium sized
      organization that has all areas of the rehab continuum. I am also
      currently consulting with a software company to develope different
      rehab business software programs. I really do miss direct patient
      care, however my current situation allows me to have an extremely
      flexible schedule and work mostly from home. I have two young children
      and my 2 and 1/2 year old has had diabetes for 2 years. I try to keep
      my continuing ed. up, however, I spend most of my time in business
      related or reimbursement related classes. For anyone that feels that
      managed care has taken away many opportunities, your right; but this
      environment has also opened up many other choices for Physical Therapy
      professionals to utilize their knowledge and expertise.
      Good luck to all!
      Karen McCauley MBA, PT
      Custom Advantage Rehab Consulting
      Mundelein, IL