[physical_therapists_in_business] multi level marketing (mlm)

  • Donna-Sue Gary
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 4, 2000
      Hi
      I've been reading through the postings on this site after seeing
      mention in Advance. I am a PT with more than 25 years experience.
      I've been working in a small private practice that I co-own for the
      past 14 years. I've become very impatient with the many insurance
      glitches that can torpedo a practice, and am looking for something I
      can do on my own to supplement my office work. I have been approached
      by a fellow PT who is doing a mlm venture through Nikken, a Japanese
      distributor of magnetic products. Although I am interested in
      incorporating the magnetic products into my treatments, and would
      consider selling the products to patients, I am concerned with the very
      concept of multi level marketing. I am uncomfortable with the fact
      that the main reward in mlm comes from talking others into becoming
      distributors, who then talk others into it, and so on and so on and so
      on. Is anyone else out there doing mlm, with Nikken or other
      companies? How is it going? Is it all high pressure selling of 'the
      business', or have you come up with a different approach? Are you
      truly making any money, or are you just making back what you laid out
      to buy products 'to use, to show, and to lend'? The person who is
      recruiting me claims she does 'the business' very part time, but I see
      her spending many many hours on the phone, at meetings, and in future
      prospects' homes. I'm looking for feedback on all aspects of mlm.

      Thanx.
      DSG