[physical_therapists_in_business] Response to Debie Leiter

  • David Seidner
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 4, 2000
      Dear Debbie.
      I was very fortunate to come into this club due to another therapists
      misfortune. They could not survive as a beginner in this industry, as
      they had no referral sources. They counted on business from inside the
      club. I hope you're not counting on that. Granted, I do get business
      from the occasional walk in or referral from the trainers, my patients
      come from an outside referral base established over the past 12 years.
      As far as the contract goes, I would attempt to arrange a straight
      rental agreement. You cannot legally go on percentages due to Stark
      Regulations. Try to negotiate a graduated lease agreement which will
      give you time to build your practice. I have only about 900 square feet
      in a private room off the main workout area. I would have liked to have
      a separate entrance from outside, but the place isn't designed that
      way. There are four curtained tx. booths and two plinths in an open tx
      area. I have a separate buisness office and one private exam/treatment
      room. I utilize the massage therapists already at the club to perform
      work under my supervision so that I don't have to keep one on my
      payroll when I don't need them. I utilize all the work out equipment in
      the facility, which is just outside the door to my office. There is
      also an indoor pool for our aquatic therapy program. I have a PT and
      PTA doing classes four hours a day.
      So there, you now know all my business! I wish it was that simple.
      Feel free to ask any other questions. I look forward to your feedback.
      David Seidner PTASF@...