[physical_therapists_in_business] forming this group..?

  • abed
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 29, 2000
      dear charlene,

      Your idea of this group is great and we as physical therapists should
      work together to try to market ourselves and give a better idea to the
      public about physical therapy profession.
      I have just joined your group today after i read the article in Advance
      for PT's.
      Just little note about my self. I am 31 yrs old male foreign-trained
      physical therapist, worked in the States for about 6 yrs in acute care
      setting, skilled nursing settings, home health care and also some
      experience in wound care.
      I worked the most in Tennessee but right now i am living in Florida and
      temporary away from physical therapy field. This is not my choice, part
      of it is the BBA effects on my old company that put me from full-time
      job to PRN job and decreasing my benefits.
      I said to my self after that day, this is not right that i am have been
      downsized and not others.
      I tried to find another part-time job in ALL Tennessee but i couldn't.
      Therefore, i moved with my wife to Florida to be near my in-laws asking
      them for temporary help.
      I would like to contribute with my experience, skills, and knowledge to
      this group.
      Thank you

      Abed
      amorad@...
    • Charlene K. Anderson
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 30, 2000
        Dear Abed,
        Thank you for joining. Are you able to utilize your crediblity in your
        new job? When you looked for something else, did your PT degree help?
        Are you looking for business opportunities?
        I have a friend who is a foreigned trained OT. Her problem was that
        she needed a employer/sponsor in order to work. When the field was
        good that wasn't a problem, now it is.
        Please continue to share your thoughts and ideas. I hope that you will
        be able to find some valuable ideas here.
        Sincerely,
        Charlene

        "abed" <amora-@...> wrote:
        original article:http://www.egroups.com/group/physical_therapists_in_bu