How to get a job as a PT Aide?

  • barisakocan
    Message 1 of 2 , May 25 1:36 PM
      Hello folks

      I am planning to attend PTA classes starting September 2005 and I was
      wondering if getting a job as a PT Aide will help me to get in a PTA
      school and make connections.

      In the orientation of the PTA program that I had attended, the
      instructor said, most institutions are replacing Aides with PTAs
      because of new regulations and constraints.

      But for somebody who is planning to be a PTA, what would be the best
      employment background/experience? I thought it would be to start as
      an aide.

      What do you guys think?

      (Oh by the way I am a certified massage therapist now)
    • Charlene Anderson, PT
      Message 2 of 2 , May 27 6:57 PM
        Hi,

        Good luck in PTA school.
        I think that it would be far more beneficial to volunteer regularly
        in a Rehab Unit or in a PT Dept of a hospital than to become an
        aide. You would benefit from the exposure to a variety of Diagnosis'
        The fact that you know massage means that you know one aspect of PT.
        Rather than finding an aide position that utilizes something you
        know, you could learn other aspects that you don't.

        Charlene, P.T.