Re: [physical_therapists_in_business] Re: Opening a clinc

  • James Jimenez
    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 11, 2004

      Thanks Evelyn. I never would have thought that about the phone. Good tip! And I'm looking into the HMO scene around here. We don't have too many of those in the Philippines, but I am trying to build up my referral base. And thanks too, for the tip about equipment. Sounds real good. Thanks!

      Evelyn Capdevila <evelynheals@...> wrote:
      Well w/ the population you mentioned, you definitely want to become a medicare/medicaid provider.  Also start calling all the HMO's in your area and ask how you can become a participating provider.  You want to build a referral basis with some doctors.  One good tip-----get a cordless phone.  If you're starting up, your employees might be yourself and/or one other person.  You don't have time to stop what you're doing to run and get the phone, so you get a cordless and carry it w/ you.  Try to get good used equipment (since it's cheaper) and try to get versatile equipment.  You don't need a lot of fancy equipment.

      bocboc1 <physicaltherapist@...> wrote:
      --- In
      physical_therapists_in_business@yahoogroups.com, "jjimenez1010"
      <jjimenez1010@y...> wrote:
      > Hi everyone. I'm a Physical Therapist from the Philippines, and I
      > want to start my own outpatient clinic. Possibly specializing in
      > geriatric patients. I'd sure appreciate it if someone could give
      me
      > some helpful tips about starting up a clinic. Thanks.
      >
      > James Jimenez

      Know your billing procedures, finances, referral sources, legal
      avenues and medicare.

      Evelyn Capdevila MPT, CWS

    • Susan Penner
      Message 2 of 9 , Feb 19, 2004
        Great--I can't be of much help, but wish you well!
        Susan, I'm opening my clinic in Manila, the Philippines.

        Are you working in the US?