Re: [physical_therapists_in_business] Re: Opening a clinc

  • Susan Penner
    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 11, 2004
      Are you working in the US?
      ----- Original Message -----
      From: bocboc1
      Sent: Wednesday, February 11, 2004 7:17 AM
      Subject: [physical_therapists_in_business] Re: Opening a clinc

      --- In
      physical_therapists_in_business@yahoogroups.com, "jjimenez1010"
      <jjimenez1010@y...> wrote:
      > Hi everyone. I'm a Physical Therapist from the Philippines, and I
      > want to start my own outpatient clinic. Possibly specializing in
      > geriatric patients. I'd sure appreciate it if someone could give
      me
      > some helpful tips about starting up a clinic. Thanks.
      >
      > James Jimenez

      Know your billing procedures, finances, referral sources, legal
      avenues and medicare.

    • James Jimenez
      Message 2 of 9 , Feb 11, 2004

        Thanks Evelyn. I never would have thought that about the phone. Good tip! And I'm looking into the HMO scene around here. We don't have too many of those in the Philippines, but I am trying to build up my referral base. And thanks too, for the tip about equipment. Sounds real good. Thanks!

        Evelyn Capdevila <evelynheals@...> wrote:
        Well w/ the population you mentioned, you definitely want to become a medicare/medicaid provider.  Also start calling all the HMO's in your area and ask how you can become a participating provider.  You want to build a referral basis with some doctors.  One good tip-----get a cordless phone.  If you're starting up, your employees might be yourself and/or one other person.  You don't have time to stop what you're doing to run and get the phone, so you get a cordless and carry it w/ you.  Try to get good used equipment (since it's cheaper) and try to get versatile equipment.  You don't need a lot of fancy equipment.

        <jjimenez1010@y...> wrote:
        > Hi everyone. I'm a Physical Therapist from the Philippines, and I
        > want to start my own outpatient clinic. Possibly specializing in
        > geriatric patients. I'd sure appreciate it if someone could give
        me
        > some helpful tips about starting up a clinic. Thanks.
        >
        > James Jimenez

        Know your billing procedures, finances, referral sources, legal
        avenues and medicare.

        Evelyn Capdevila MPT, CWS

      • James Jimenez
        Message 3 of 9 , Feb 11, 2004

          Susan, I'm opening my clinic in Manila, the Philippines.

          Are you working in the US?
          > Hi everyone. I'm a Physical Therapist from the Philippines, and I
          > want to start my own outpatient clinic. Possibly specializing in
          > geriatric patients. I'd sure appreciate it if someone could give
          me
          > some helpful tips about starting up a clinic. Thanks.
          >
          > James Jimenez

          Know your billing procedures, finances, referral sources, legal
          avenues and medicare.

        • Order Stellar Orthopedics
          Message 4 of 9 , Feb 12, 2004
            Try using Stellar Orthopedics for high quality capital equipment needs.  The benefit to buying new is that it comes with a warranty.  Remember, when buying used, there is a reason it is USED.  The previous owner either had a problem with it or the equipment is outdated.  Service can be a problem with used equipment as well when parts are no longer made for the product.  The personnel at Stellar Orthopedics are PT's like you and know that you need the best price possible while NOT sacrificing quality.  Stellar Orthopedics specializes in consulting start up clinics.  Give us a call, you'll be happy with the product and to your patients it will only LOOK like you spent a fortune for your clinic.
            Steve Wilcox, MS, PT, MS, ATC
            Stellar Orthopedics
            P.O. Box 6204
            Bloomington, IL  61702 - 6204
            Order Toll Free (866) 661-8410
            Sales & Marketing (309) 661-8400
            Medical Professionals Supplying the Medical Profession

            Message 5 of 9 , Feb 19, 2004
              Great--I can't be of much help, but wish you well!