Opening a clinc

  • jjimenez1010
    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 9, 2004
      Hi everyone. I'm a Physical Therapist from the Philippines, and I
      want to start my own outpatient clinic. Possibly specializing in
      geriatric patients. I'd sure appreciate it if someone could give me
      some helpful tips about starting up a clinic. Thanks.

      James Jimenez
    • bocboc1
      Message 2 of 9 , Feb 11, 2004
        --- In
        physical_therapists_in_business@yahoogroups.com, "jjimenez1010"
        <jjimenez1010@y...> wrote:
        > Hi everyone. I'm a Physical Therapist from the Philippines, and I
        > want to start my own outpatient clinic. Possibly specializing in
        > geriatric patients. I'd sure appreciate it if someone could give
        me
        > some helpful tips about starting up a clinic. Thanks.
        >
        > James Jimenez

        Know your billing procedures, finances, referral sources, legal
        avenues and medicare.
      • Order Stellar Orthopedics

          Message 4 of 9 , Feb 11, 2004
            Are you working in the US?
            > Hi everyone. I'm a Physical Therapist from the Philippines, and I
            > want to start my own outpatient clinic. Possibly specializing in
            > geriatric patients. I'd sure appreciate it if someone could give
            me
            > some helpful tips about starting up a clinic. Thanks.
            >
            > James Jimenez

            Know your billing procedures, finances, referral sources, legal
            avenues and medicare.

          • Evelyn Capdevila
            Message 5 of 9 , Feb 11, 2004
              Well w/ the population you mentioned, you definitely want to become a medicare/medicaid provider.  Also start calling all the HMO's in your area and ask how you can become a participating provider.  You want to build a referral basis with some doctors.  One good tip-----get a cordless phone.  If you're starting up, your employees might be yourself and/or one other person.  You don't have time to stop what you're doing to run and get the phone, so you get a cordless and carry it w/ you.  Try to get good used equipment (since it's cheaper) and try to get versatile equipment.  You don't need a lot of fancy equipment.

              <jjimenez1010@y...> wrote:
              > Hi everyone. I'm a Physical Therapist from the Philippines, and I
              > want to start my own outpatient clinic. Possibly specializing in
              > geriatric patients. I'd sure appreciate it if someone could give
              me
              > some helpful tips about starting up a clinic. Thanks.
              >
              > James Jimenez

              Know your billing procedures, finances, referral sources, legal
              avenues and medicare.

              Evelyn Capdevila MPT, CWS

            • James Jimenez
              Message 6 of 9 , Feb 11, 2004

                Thanks Evelyn. I never would have thought that about the phone. Good tip! And I'm looking into the HMO scene around here. We don't have too many of those in the Philippines, but I am trying to build up my referral base. And thanks too, for the tip about equipment. Sounds real good. Thanks!

                Message 7 of 9 , Feb 11, 2004

                  Susan, I'm opening my clinic in Manila, the Philippines.

                  Are you working in the US?

                  Message 8 of 9 , Feb 12, 2004
                    Try using Stellar Orthopedics for high quality capital equipment needs.  The benefit to buying new is that it comes with a warranty.  Remember, when buying used, there is a reason it is USED.  The previous owner either had a problem with it or the equipment is outdated.  Service can be a problem with used equipment as well when parts are no longer made for the product.  The personnel at Stellar Orthopedics are PT's like you and know that you need the best price possible while NOT sacrificing quality.  Stellar Orthopedics specializes in consulting start up clinics.  Give us a call, you'll be happy with the product and to your patients it will only LOOK like you spent a fortune for your clinic.
                    Steve Wilcox, MS, PT, MS, ATC
                    Stellar Orthopedics
                    P.O. Box 6204
                    Bloomington, IL  61702 - 6204
                    Order Toll Free (866) 661-8410
                    Sales & Marketing (309) 661-8400
                    Medical Professionals Supplying the Medical Profession

                    Message 9 of 9 , Feb 19, 2004
                      Great--I can't be of much help, but wish you well!