Re: [physical_therapists_in_business] New member

  • brian richman
    Message 1 of 8 , Oct 11, 2003
      You need your own medicare # and I don't think you can use a doctors office if he also is a medicare provider unless you are renting seperate space that he doesn't use to treat his own patients. Call medicare to get the specifics. 866 454 9007 in the state of florida. Where are you?
      It is always best to have a referral source, but it is not necessary. You just have to spend time and money to market. Health fairs, newspapers, senior centers...
      Look in your yellow pages for other clinics in your area.
      BUt most importantly, you need to get an occupational lic from the city and state your clinc will be in. and don't forget your malpractice insurance and liability insurance for the clinic.
      Good luck
      Brian Richman, MPT

      swetha302002 <swetha302002@...> wrote:

         Hi,

            This is Ram PT and i am doing sub-contract services to
      HHA's/clinics.I have questions to start outpatient therapy services
      like'
      1,Do i need medicre prov # to start a clinic
      2,Is it good to start a clinic with dr's offices or be a free
      standing clinic,
      3,Do i have to know some dr's before starting or to do marketing
      after opening a clinic,
      4,How can i find how many therapy clinics are in each city or
      existing practices on sale,
      i will be glad to hear your opinions and guidances in this matter.

          Thanks
          Ram

    • KARTHYAYANI KUNCHAPPA
      Message 2 of 8 , Oct 22, 2003
        Hi Ram,
        I am sorry for the delayed response from me. I could not reply right a way because my internet had problem to log in.

        here are the answers for your questions with regard to start a clinic.
        1. To start a clinic you donot have to have a medicare number provided if you are treating only selected private patients, worker's comp pts, and MVA pts.

        2. How ever it is not too hard to get medicare provider number. If you need any guidence to get it  and as long as your are a  P.T. licence holder in any state, I can help you.

        3.If you think the Dr  that you know is a good source for the referrals, it is good to have a clinic to attach with him. I donot see any problem with that.

        4. If you know few doctors, you should start marketing by printing some prochures with informations about the insurances that you can accept, the modalities that you can use in your clinic and the benefits by P.T. Give these to the doctors and  tell them that you will be starting a clinic real soon and the referrals will be appreaciated from them.
        5. As long as you can prove that you are a good therapist by making pts happy, i donot think that you have to worry about the number of clinics in your town. Keep up good repition which will automatically generate business.
        6. To find about the P.T. clinics in your area, you can look in yellow pages.

        7. To get the used equipments you contact Cyman therapy people or if you want to lease new epuipments for a good deal I can refer to some one else.

        Hope I had answered your questions in this letter.

        swetha302002 <swetha302002@...> wrote:

           Hi,

              This is Ram PT and i am doing sub-contract services to
        HHA's/clinics.I have questions to start outpatient therapy services
        like'
        1,Do i need medicre prov # to start a clinic
        2,Is it good to start a clinic with dr's offices or be a free
        standing clinic,
        3,Do i have to know some dr's before starting or to do marketing
        after opening a clinic,
        4,How can i find how many therapy clinics are in each city or
        existing practices on sale,
        i will be glad to hear your opinions and guidances in this matter.

            Thanks
            Ram

      • sriram srinivasan
        Message 3 of 8 , Nov 17, 2003
          Hi
              I am trying to set a out-patient physicaltherapy clinic and i have some questions regarding that.
          1, can i buy a existing clinic with medicare#
          2,how can i find one if allowed to buy one,
          3,how long does it take to get a medicare# and can we see patients in the same clinic
          4,what is a tel no to get these info through medicare in michigan ,
          i would appericiate if any of you could chip in and eagerly waiting for reply
                                                                                thank you,
                                                                                Ram P.T

        • Evelyn Capdevila
          Message 4 of 8 , Nov 30, 2003
            Here in Florida the rules might be different but, yes you can buy a clinic w/an existing medicare #.  However, it's pretty costly and I'm not sure if eventually you would have to change the # to reflect new ownership.  Question #2 I don't know the answer to.  Question #3:  It doesn't take that long...if I remember it takes about 60 days, and you can see pts in the clinic from the date that medicare receives your application.  Question #4, you have to check the intermediary for Medicare in Michigan.  you can go to CMS's website and look that up or just call them, Medicare is very helpful.
            Evelyn C, MPT, CWS

            sriram srinivasan <swetha302002@...> wrote:
            Hi
                I am trying to set a out-patient physicaltherapy clinic and i have some questions regarding that.
            1, can i buy a existing clinic with medicare#
            2,how can i find one if allowed to buy one,
            3,how long does it take to get a medicare# and can we see patients in the same clinic
            4,what is a tel no to get these info through medicare in michigan ,
            i would appericiate if any of you could chip in and eagerly waiting for reply
                                                                                  thank you,
                                                                                  Ram P.T

            Free Pop-Up Blocker - Get it now