Starting your practice

  • Charlene Anderson, PT
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 10, 2003
      Dear Ram,

      I imagine that starting your own practice requires many attributes,
      beyond the knowledge and skills as a P.T. I think that it benefits
      our profession to have skilled entrepreneurs who do not rely on
      employers for their future.

      It seems to me that you have some good starting questions. It also
      seems to me that a good place for you to go to get these answers
      would be the APTA. If you are not already a member, join and become
      involved. They even have a private practice section. If you become
      involved in the Physical Therapy community in your area, and research
      the answers to your question, you will have a greater knowledge base,
      beyond your expertise as a Physical Therapst, for which to start your
      practice.

      Good Luck,

      Charlene, PT
      Moderator

      P.S. Would anyone like to tackle a question or two of his?
      Thanks!
    • DONALD KELLY
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 12, 2003
        Charlene,
        Well put! The APTA is a great resource both nationally and locally.
        Don Kelly PT, OCS
        PR Chair for the Rhode Island Chapter of the APTA

        >From: "Charlene Anderson, PT" <charanderson@...>
        >To: physical_therapists_in_business@yahoogroups.com
        >Subject: [physical_therapists_in_business] Starting your practice
        >Date: Sat, 11 Oct 2003 02:06:02 -0000

        Use custom emotions -- try MSN Messenger 6.0!
        http://www.msnmessenger-download.com/tracking/reach_emoticon