Re: starting on our own

  • mmandsager
    Message 1 of 10 , Jul 9, 2003
      I am very interested in doing this no overhead private therapy
      business. Several questions. What do I need to do to get a Medicare
      #. I've always had a # in the places of business I have worked
      previously but I'm not sure if I can use this same # for my own
      business. How do I gain access to networks? What software do you
      use to bill insurances electronically? Are there any other legalities
      other than self-employed malpractice coverage I should be aware of?
      Any tips and suggestions from anybody would be greatly appreciated.

      --- In physical_therapists_in_business@yahoogroups.com, brian richman
      <gymnst37@y...> wrote:

      > I'm in the beginning stages of starting my own business. No
      overhead. I got my Medicare # and a Doc that likes me and willing to
      send me some medicare pts. I see them in thier home and bring
      everything I need, including a combo unit and all the trimmings.
      After I see them , I do my own billing(electronicaly) and no
      employees. I get to spend all my time with just ONE pt. and no
      interruptions. Better quality care, more money and I'm my own boss.
      Just something to think about. I also bill other insurances as well
      and I'm up to 20 visits a week after only two weeks of starting. Good
      Luck
      > Raymond Mack <rmackptmu@p...> wrote:Thanks for the insight.
      Thinking about working for an orthopedic group.
      > This would allow me to work on my Ph.D.
      >
      > Ray

      Those

      http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/