[physical_therapists_in_business] Re: No Subject

  • Charlene K. Anderson
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 25 4:14 PM
      Dear Michele,
      I hear the east coast is being hit hard right now!
      I live in Southern California, and I am upset because it is raining!
      This group is new and growing. Thank you for joining.
      Your ideas are very valuable.
      In addition to us as a profession, we, as indiviuals, need to look at
      our
      careers differently.
      My home business is in preventative health not in PT.
      I utilize my knowledge, communication skills and
      credibility to promote the business. I work with a team
      of physicians, nurses, PT's and business people. This is what I mean
      by your degree and experiences as a PT being a starting point. I
      don't need my degree to do the business but it adds tremendous value.
      If you want to know more, check out the links section.
      I have a couple of websites there.
      Sincerely,
      Charlene
      mborzill-@... wrote:
      original article:http://www.egroups.com/group/physical_therapists_in_bu
      siness/?start=7
      > Hello Charleen,
      >
      > I found your web site while browsing the web on a snow-filled day!
      > In reading your posts, I am curious about the details of your "home
      > internet and health care business". Is it directly related to the
      > Physical Therapy industry? You are correct in stating that we, as
      > Physical Therapists, need to become comfortable in utilizing our
      > knowledge in more non-traditional settings in order to produce
      revenue.
      > If we do not, someone else will profit from a services that could be
      > well provided by us (as has already happened with massage therapists,
      > personal trainers etc..). We need to learn to successfully market
      > ourselves and the services that we can provide and find the clients
      who
      > would be willing to pay for that service,
      >
      > I am also a female PT with over 10 years of experience who has worked
      > in multiple settings, including acute care, outpatient, post-acute
      > rehab, homecare and now SNF and outpatient aquatics.
      >
      > I look forward to your reply and to continued dialogue on this
      subject.

      > Michele Borzillo, MPT

    • Adrienne Mitford
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 25 8:17 PM
        I read about this web site in Advance magazine. I think you have a
        wonderful idea and I am excited to read about the ideas and posts from
        other people. I am a recent PT grad (1997). I started as a traveling
        therapist and I am currently working in a school system. I was
        unemployed for 3 months, early last year. I felt that I had little
        else to do, but search for a "PT job". It will be nice to hear of
        other creative ways to use my PT degree.
        Thanks for creating this site. I hope more PT's will join.
      • Wayne and Charlene Anderson
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 25 9:17 PM
          Dear Adrienne,
          Thank you for your kind words. I am glad you found us. I used to work for
          a vendor to the school districts. I developed contacts with other PT's.
          When I quit that job, just less than a year ago, one of those contacts asked
          me to join her in consulting for a special ed school. I am paid by a parent
          organization to help the teachers carry out a MOVE program. Through those
          contacts, I also get private clients. I actually turn some down. I am
          thinking of quitting my job at a Child Development Center (2 days a week) to
          do this and my home biz more.
          If you really like peds, I really recommend creating contacts with other
          professionals that could also be useful in the future. I have always
          thought of myself as a "professional entity" representing myself and my
          employer.
          I look forward to hearing more from you! If you have any questions please
          ask.
          Charlene

          http://www.egroups.com/vote?listname=physical_therapists_in_business&m=1