      Sent: Tuesday, June 08, 2004 5:42 PM
      Subject: Re: [physical_therapists_in_business] Outsource billing or do own for new clinic

      Definitely, do it yourself to keep overhead down.  There are some great programs (software) that make billing very easy. Examples are:  Medisoft and Medware.  There are others, gotta look around.  Initial costs are in the thousands but the programs have many dfiferent options that facilitate billing and pt scheduling (they have recall lists, appointment shceduling, etc.).  If you choose to hire a billing company, they charge anywhere from 5-8% of what they collect.

      pristinehealth <pristinehealth@...> wrote:
      Starting a new clinic, would you recommend doing billing yourself
      initially?  What are some good companies that do billing and what are
      some good resources if it is done in house?  Also, what are you guys
      typically charged by billing companies?

      Thanks
      Daniel

      Evelyn Capdevila MPT, CWS