206Re: [physical_therapists_in_business] Re: Opening a clinc

  • Evelyn Capdevila
    Feb 11 8:15 PM
      Well w/ the population you mentioned, you definitely want to become a medicare/medicaid provider.  Also start calling all the HMO's in your area and ask how you can become a participating provider.  You want to build a referral basis with some doctors.  One good tip-----get a cordless phone.  If you're starting up, your employees might be yourself and/or one other person.  You don't have time to stop what you're doing to run and get the phone, so you get a cordless and carry it w/ you.  Try to get good used equipment (since it's cheaper) and try to get versatile equipment.  You don't need a lot of fancy equipment.

      bocboc1 <physicaltherapist@...> wrote:
      --- In
      physical_therapists_in_business@yahoogroups.com, "jjimenez1010"
      <jjimenez1010@y...> wrote:
      > Hi everyone. I'm a Physical Therapist from the Philippines, and I
      > want to start my own outpatient clinic. Possibly specializing in
      > geriatric patients. I'd sure appreciate it if someone could give
      me
      > some helpful tips about starting up a clinic. Thanks.
      >
      > James Jimenez

      Know your billing procedures, finances, referral sources, legal
      avenues and medicare.

      Evelyn Capdevila MPT, CWS