      Sent: Thursday, June 05, 2003 2:52 PM
      Subject: [physical_therapists_in_business] Question on Medicare therapy cap

      Dear all,

      I have a question reg. those medicare patients that are being
      evaluated in free standing outpatient clinics as of this time, say,
      June, 03. Will the cap on services be applicable from the July date
      onwards or will it be retro-active back to the June start date.

      Also, If treatment is to be continued into July, 03, what is the
      best procedure to handle such patients? Should we discharge, then re-
      evaluate the patient in July or should we just continue to treat
      them per initial plan?

      Any thoughts to help my understanding on this matter is appreciated
      in advance.

      Thanks much,

      Sujoy Basu PT