134Re: [physical_therapists_in_business] Re: starting on our own

  • Evelyn Capdevila
    Feb 27, 2003

      Hi,

      I'd like to know how you are getting your referrals?  Was it hard getting at least one Doctor to like/trust you so he could send you pts?  I just started my own practice and have found that finding a doc to refer Medicare pts isnt' as easy as I thought.....any ideas/strategies?

      Thanks

       brian richman <gymnst37@...> wrote:

      Good luck with your office, that is my long term goal, but with no capital or referral source, I thought this would be the less riskiest, and its working so far. Yes, I just bill Med B for the homecare visits. The basic codes I use are 97001 for evals, 97110, 97140. 97014, 97035 and 97116. The other insurances I bill using an office code because I rent space in a pre existing clinic that I used to work at as an employee.Any other questions? Is your clinic Med certified? A or B? I'd like to hear more about how you started yours.

       Sargent OShea <sjoshea@...> wrote:

      Brian,
      I have just started by own business. I see patients in the office
      but would be interested in seeing patients at home. Just a question on
      how you bill do you bill Med B with what codes for home care??? Also,
      how do you bill other insurances for home care. I would be very
      interested thanks!

      Barbara

      brian richman wrote:

      > I'm in the beginning stages of starting my own business. No overhead.
      > I got my Medicare # and a Doc that likes me and willing to send me
      > some medicare pts. I see them in thier home and bring everything I
      > need, including a combo unit and all the trimmings. After I see them ,
      > I do my own billing(electronicaly) and no employees. I get to spend
      > all my time with just ONE pt. and no interruptions. Better quality
      > care, more money and I'm my own boss. Just something to think about. I
      > also bill other insurances as well and I'm up to 20 visits a week
      > after only two weeks of starting. Good Luck
      >
      > Raymond Mack wrote:
      >
      > Thanks for the insight. Thinking about working for an
      > orthopedic group.
      > This would allow me to work on my Ph.D.
      >
      > Ray

      Evelyn Capdevila MPT, CWS