Need Help by Chirag

  • chirag parikh
    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 30 11:53 AM
      I want to develop a site in PHP such that user need to
      enter username and password
      by validation this username,password i want to fetch
      data stored in password protected directory

      so can anybody tell me how i can fetch this data using
      PHP

      Another thing is that this password should me MD5
      comes in HTML header

      so how can i fetch this md5 security key using PHP so
      i can able to get protected data

      Thanx.

      http://mail.yahoo.com
    • Rupom
      Message 2 of 8 , May 3, 2006
        Hi Chirag,
        I didnt understand clearly what you need.

        Do you want to create and enter a password protected directory like this one:

        http://rupom.itsmyland.com/phpresource/htpasswd_test/

        If so, I can give you a short guideline.
        Please let me know.

        Regards,
        Rupom

        chirag parikh <ckp21082@...> wrote:
        I want to develop a site in PHP such that user need to
        enter username and password
        by validation this username,password i want to fetch
        data stored in password protected directory

        so can anybody tell me how i can fetch this data using
        PHP

        Another thing is that this password should me MD5
        comes in HTML header

        so how can i fetch this md5 security key using PHP so
        i can able to get protected data

        Thanx.

        http://mail.yahoo.com

        Join phpResource Group And Enjoy PHPing...

      • chirag parikh
        Message 3 of 8 , May 4, 2006

          Yes, You are correct
          but one another thing i also need is

          user can enter it's user name and password in HTML/PHP page form
          on my action page, i will use this authentication to access secured directory

          i don't want to access any PHP/HTML page insede that directory
          this directory may containt secured data for user
          Once they signin , they can access this to download.
          So we have to pass such information through HTML Header so Apache can read this files from secured directory.
          I want to pass these secured information to apache and not want to ask to user.

          Undetstand ?

          Thanx.

          Rupom <rupom_315@...> wrote:
[...]

          Computer store Programming languages Php resource
          Computer security C programming language Computer programming languages

        • Michael Sullivan
          Message 4 of 8 , May 4, 2006
            On Wed, 2006-05-03 at 23:54 -0700, Rupom wrote:
            > Hi Chirag,
            > I didnt understand clearly what you need.
            >
            > Do you want to create and enter a password protected directory like
            > this one:
            >
            > http://rupom.itsmyland.com/phpresource/htpasswd_test/
            >

            > If so, I can give you a short guideline.
            > Please let me know.
            >
            > Regards,
            > Rupom

            I want to know how to do that.
          • Stranger
            Message 5 of 8 , May 5, 2006
              there are many ways to protect the pasword protected directory .
              you can configure apache's httpd.conf file if u have the access on that file. but the most simple  way is to implement it using .htaccess files .

              your .htaccess will be look like this

              ----------------------------
              AuthType Basic
              AuthName "Protected Folder"
              AuthBasicProvider file
              AuthUserFile /user/path/.htpasswd
              Require user shimul
              ----------------------------

              now create .htpasswd file from command mode . to create file

              htpasswd -c /usr/path/.htpasswd shimul

              htpasswd will ask you for the password, and then ask you to type it again to confirm it:

              now browse the directory and enjoy your work .

              for more details visit :http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/en/howto/auth.html

              if you need any further information pls post here .

              thanks
              Stranger

              Michael Sullivan <michael@...> wrote:
              On Wed, 2006-05-03 at 23:54 -0700, Rupom wrote:
              > Hi Chirag,
              > I didnt understand clearly what you need.
              >
              > Do you want to create and enter a password protected directory like
              > this one:
              >
              > http://rupom.itsmyland.com/phpresource/htpasswd_test/
              >

              > If so, I can give you a short guideline.
              > Please let me know.
              >
              > Regards,
              > Rupom

              I want to know how to do that.

            • Rupom
              Message 6 of 8 , May 5, 2006
                Hi,
                I am uploading a file in group's file section that will guide you
                through the password protection process.

                Regards,
                Rupom

                Michael Sullivan <michael@...> wrote:
                On Wed, 2006-05-03 at 23:54 -0700, Rupom wrote:
                > Hi Chirag,
                > I didnt understand clearly what you need.
                >
                > Do you want to create and enter a password protected directory like
                > this one:
                >
                > http://rupom.itsmyland.com/phpresource/htpasswd_test/
                >

                > If so, I can give you a short guideline.
                > Please let me know.
                >
                > Regards,
                > Rupom

                I want to know how to do that.

                Join phpResource Group And Enjoy PHPing...

                http://mail.yahoo.com

              • Debasish Nayak
                Message 7 of 8 , May 9, 2006
                  Hi,

                     Can u tell me how can i access Group's file section......

                  Thanks
                  Debasish

                  Yahoo! India Answers: Share what you know. Learn something new. Click here
                  Send instant messages to your online friends - NOW
                • MA Razzaque Rupom
                  Message 8 of 8 , May 9, 2006
                    Login to the group(http://groups.yahoo.com/group/phpresource/) by
                    your yahoo ID and go to the "Files" section(by clicking the "Files"
                    link of left bar).

                    [NB:Sometimes yahoo group shows some problems. Last few days I
                    fetched such problems.]

                    --- In phpresource@yahoogroups.com, Debasish Nayak