Java Native Interface: Programmer's Guide and Specification (e-book)
- The Java Native Interface (JNI) enables the integration of code written in the Java programming language with code written in other languages such as C and C++. It allows programmers to take full advantage of the Java platform without having to abandon their investment in legacy code.
This book is the definitive resource and a comprehensive guide to working with the JNI. Entirely up-to-date, the book offers a tutorial, a detailed description of JNI features and programming techniques, JNI design justifications, and the official specification for all JNI types and functions.
You will find coverage of important topics such as:
- Writing native methods
- Passing data types between the Java language and native programming languages
- Embedding a Java virtual machine implementation in native applications
- Leveraging legacy native libraries
- Improving the efficiency and reliability of your code