email sending problems

  • Surajit Koly
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 12, 2010

      Hi experts,

      I am developing a email-manager module where admin can send bulk emails from there. I am facing some problems.
      I am giving you an example:
      Say "abcdefghij@..." does not exists. While I am sending email to this email address (abcdefghij@...) through my script, my script is showing that email is successfully sent. But when I am sending email through my gmail.com account, gmail is showing mail can't be delivered.

      My question is how can I track that email is actually delivered or not using my script. Please help me..

      Thanks and regards

      Surajit

    • Rupom
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 13, 2010
        Hi Surajit,
        Before sending email to an address - you may perform a validation of that address to check whether the email address is a valid reachable one or not.

        This PHP class will help you: http://www.phpclasses.org/browse/package/13.html

        Thanks.

        --
        Rupom
        http://www.osclicks.com

        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 13, 2010
          Hi Rupom,
          Thanks for your help. The problem is solved now.

          Regards
          Surajit