SMTP Class

  • Bob
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 5, 2010
      Hi,
      My shared server has been blacklisted (nothing to do with me) and mail sent from my site is useless.

      The server company has created an SMTP account on their private server for me to send mail though, with Server Address, Usename and Password.

      I'm looking for a Class that can do this.

      But, even though the server has PHP5.1.6, it wasn't installed with PEAR.

      All the Classes I can find need PEAR.

      Does anyone know of an SMTP Class that works without PEAR?

      Thankyou.
      Bob E.
    • Rupom
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 13, 2010
        Hi Bob,
        You can use PHPMailer to solve your problem: http://sourceforge.net/projects/phpmailer/

        Here is a helpful link on "PHPMailer SMTP email sending" for you:
        http://phpcode.mypapit.net/sending-mail-using-smtp-with-phpmailer/26/

        Thanks.

        --
        Rupom
        http://www.osclicks.com

        My shared server has been blacklisted (nothing to do with me) and mail sent from my site is useless.

        The server company has created an SMTP account on their private server for me to send mail though, with Server Address, Usename and Password.

        I'm looking for a Class that can do this.

        But, even though the server has PHP5.1.6, it wasn't installed with PEAR.

        All the Classes I can find need PEAR.

        Does anyone know of an SMTP Class that works without PEAR?

        Thankyou.
        Bob E.

        phpResource encourages its members to receieve every messages. But if you don't like to get messages from the group, please go to the group home page and set your message delivery choice in the "Edit Membership" page.

        <*> Your email settings:
            Individual Email | Traditional

        <*> To change settings online go to:
            (Yahoo! ID required)