File - Code_Contest_Policy.doc

  • phpresource@yahoogroups.com
    Message 1 of 16 , May 1, 2007
      File : Code_Contest_Policy.doc
      Description : Code Contest Policy
    • Yasin Jisan
      Message 2 of 16 , May 3, 2007
        Hi Friends,
        Is there any way to control the session in php? I mean, I will start the session after authenticating the username & password from the database and then will start the php session. But how can I detect if the user have closed the browser/the session life time has expired? I actually like to execute some php script on session expiration event, is it possible?

        Thanks in advanced,
        Jisan.

        Billal Md. Yasin Jisan,
        System Engineer,
        NM/NOC,
        GrameenPhone Ltd,
        Email: b_yasin@...,
        Cell: +8801711504222.

        Check out new cars at Yahoo! Autos.
      • Anis Ahmad
        Message 3 of 16 , May 4, 2007
          HI Friend,
          1. You can check session life time expiration with simply
          isset($_SESSION['varname']) Method.
          2. For "onUnload" event of each page you can call a php page which
          will check the session status and can destroy the session or
          anything you like.
          Thanks
          Anis uddin Ahmad

          Message 4 of 16 , May 5, 2007